Fifteen

Yoongi's POV

I awake at the same time as Iji, last night's memories clear in our heads as we looked dazedly at each other.

"Morning," she says with a sleepy smile. I kiss her in return. She smiles through the kiss, pecking me once more after we pulled away.

"Last night was wonderful," I began, "but you know we have to have this conversation," I continued slowly. "What are we? What happens next?"

Still encased in my arms, she ponders for a moment, seemingly unsure. "What do you think? I want to hear from you first," she replied, searching my eyes, now wide awake.

"I-" I composed myself, "I like you, romantically. I want to pursue you, a relationship with you. Although last night happened in the heat of the moment, it did not influence how I feel now, and how I felt before. I like you, I-ji. I know it may be a lot to take in, especially since this happened so soon after your breakup." I finished, albeit a little nervously.

She looked at me, taken aback. She processes my words, and says, "It's true what you said, about it being a little too soon for me to handle. You have become one of my most valued friends since the short time I've known you." I felt my heart sag slightly at her response, which I had anticipated.

"But," she continues, startling me, "if you're willing to wait, I'm confident that I will be able to fully reciprocate your feelings.. I do see myself with you.. And I'm very much attracted to you." she finishes, looking down with a shy smile.

"Are you saying you will give this- give us a try?" I confirm hopefully, praying that I wasn't pressuring her into this.

She nodded, burying her face into the crook of my neck. She's adorable.

I hugged her impossibly tight, rolling our bodies around on her soft couch, peppering her face with kisses. She laughs at my excitement.

I then got up, letting my morning wood stand in full glory as I smirked down at her stilled figure.

"오늘부터 우리의 1일이다. [oneulbuteo uliui 1il-ida, translation: Starting today its our first day(of dating)]

Turning around, I slunk lazily to her bathroom, leaving her blushing red on the couch.

Iji's POV

It took me a while to regain my composure. I banged on my bathroom door,

"Yah, hurry up! It's Monday, I've got to go to work!"

Alas, the fun-filled weekend was over, and I had to go back to my usual routine.

His chuckles travelled through the closed door.

"I'm almost done, quit rushing"

While he does his business, I scramble around the place, pulling on one of my trustiest outfits-

Wide-leg jeans and a ripped sweater, topped with my usual jewellery. Looks like fashion girly's taking a bit of a break today.

I hobble around as I struggle to pull my socks on. Everything's sore. Fuck, why did he have to be so big? But it was wonderful...

I ran my fingers through my tangled hair as I turned to bang on the bathroom door again. It swung open, revealing a certain cat-like man who was clad in MY FLUFFY BATHROBE. I'll deal with him later.

"Took you long enough," I told him, as I rushed into the bathroom, closing the door in his face.

I hurry through my routine- I couldn't afford to be late for school.

.

.

.

.

Even as I rushed through the door seconds before our professor arrived, I had an unshakeable grin on my face. Being with Yoongi-oppa made me so happy.

I was able to forget about the hurt I'd received from Ava- never mind that: I was able to look back on my times with her and feel okay. I'm okay. I'm moving on.

I believe I know myself more than anyone. As a creative individual, my practice has always been centred on self-reflection and sometimes, the psychoanalysis of my self, which is why my works have always been largely personal. I know that I do not let people in easily, due to my hard past. I had to learn to keep people at an arm's distance for a long time before I could trust them enough to begin letting anyone in. The last time it happened, it was with Ava, but I knew that some part of me was still holding back- that's why it was easy to leave London; leave her behind, although the main reason was that I was chasing my dreams.

With Yoongi-oppa, everything feels different. Somehow, he had managed to go past all of my build walls- I was letting him in from the first night I met him and I hadn't even realised it. Something in my subconscious trusted him immediately- could this be fate?

I dozed off slightly, only jolting into awareness as I realised I hadn't made any notes on the lecture. I snap a quick picture of the current slide, reminding myself to get back to it later and shaking my head to get back into the zone.

Fuck boys, fuck Yoongi-oppa for now. My schooling is more important.

Hmm.. Seems like I'd already done so.. Last night...

Fucking hell, focus, Iji!

.

.

.

The moment class ended, my phone pinged with an incoming text.

{편의점 아저씨

Hey, how's school? I miss you.]

[You

I've just finished my only class of the day. Everything's alright, how are you?}

{편의점 아저씨

I know, you said that you only had one class this morning. I remember so well. Give oppa a reward.]

[You

Dude, the fuck? You're so cringey. }

{편의점 아저씨

I'm outside. And no, I'm not cringey. Either you come with nicely, or you get punished. You're spending time with me, either way.]

{편의점 아저씨

Also, change my contact. It's Oppa to you. Daddy also works, if you're more comfortable with English ;)]

You read at 09:00

I stared at my phone in astonishment. Who is this man and what have they done to Yoongi-oppa?

Ignoring him, I left the campus, only to get shocked by a sudden ball of energy that landed in front of me.

The figure in front of me bent down slightly to my height, lifting their cap slowly to reveal twinking cat eyes.

"Aish~! You scared me!"

"Omo, 어떻게 [eotteoke, meaning: what should I do?] My Iji got scared, aww Oppa is sorry" He chirped, shaking his shoulders. Is he seriously doing aegyo right now?

I stared at him in mock horror. He took me by the hand, leading me to a black, mundane-looking car. I knew though, that it probably cost more than a few houses combined.

"Where are we going?" I ask him, putting on my seatbelt.

"A date."

Authors' afterword:

dateuuuuuuuuu~~~~

aegyo yoongi is funny. 

happy reading! xx