Lies and Truths | Tsukisima Kei x Y/n

Prompt: Illness

Relationship: Ex Highschool Friends - Doctor Tsukki x Patient Y/n

CW: Hospitals, mentions of cheating, amnesia, mentions of an accident

____________________________________________________________

- They are lying...

Kei turned to look at her, his gaze before fixed on the papers he reviewed every day, now rested on her, showing curiosity and interest in the patient's words, something that is not seen very often in the doctor.

- They are lying to me.

Her gaze, which had previously been lost in the landscape outside the window, focused on the blond waiting for an answer as if what she had said was a question.

- What do you think they are lying to you about? -He didn't deny or invalidate her question because he knew that this wouldn't be of help to her but even so, he needed a little more information to know how to deal with the situation, much more taking into account the condition of her patient.

- Could it be in everything?

- Well we already checked that your marriage certificate is true so at least he is not lying about being your husband.

- And about the rest?

"We couldn't know," Kei thought but he couldn't find a way to tell her, Y/n had been through a lot in the last few months and the last thing he needed was bad news.

- If you have any specific questions I can try to help you.

Y/n was the one who looked at him curiously this time and smiled at him, tilting her head a little, a gesture he remembered she used to make a lot.

- Tsukishima Kei is going to help me? You really have changed since high school, great character development Tsukki.

- Idiot -He rolled his eyes and looked back at the papers he was going through but still couldn't concentrate on reading while he thought about what she had said.

Kei could admit that he had changed quite a bit physically in all those years that had passed since high school, but apart from that and the maturity that comes with time, he was still the same somewhat unsympathetic and salty person as always.

Just as Y/n was still the same as always, although the blond had to admit that her smile had become more beautiful in all this time that she wasn't in his life, although of course this is not something he could say out loud, not even now, nor 10 years ago when both were still friends.

- I think my husband is hiding something from me -said Y/n interrupting the comfortable silence that had been established between them- it still feels weird to call him husband.

- In these cases, sometimes some people take advantage of memory loss to lie about who they are for the affected patients, but in this case, we have verified the papers and they are true, you have been married for 5 years, apparently, you got married after finishing college.

- I must have loved him a lot.

- The last time we met you told me that you were happily dating someone so I guess from the time it was him.

- I don't remember that conversation -Y/n whispered but still Kei managed to hear her even though she interrupted him before he could answer- I'm sorry.

- We already talked about how you shouldn't apologize for what you remember and what you don't, it's not your fault.

- I cross the street without looking so it was my fault...