Blue-winged birds

The beast fell to the ground. Aiko, still sure of herself, made her staff describe a circle again, to come and plant it next to her.

As quickly as it all happened, the wind died down, the rain stopped, and the sky shone with its azure glow again.

The almost supernatural scene that had occurred moments earlier was completely gone and anyone who would have looked at the scenery at the time, wouldn't have seen anything out of the ordinary.

The fantastic atmosphere that was there had dissipated, vanished by magic.

Aiko chuckled lightly.

 - Did you see that Liam? I think I broke your record for the fastest battle! she said mockingly.

The boy's annoyed look only got worse.

 - That's wrong, it doesn't count. Besides, you had Jonah's help, he replied.

 - He only immobilized him, it was me who roasted him with lightning.

Both addressed themselves with a look of confrontation, ready for argument. A lightning bolt was likely to strike the same place in less than five minutes.

 - It's okay, don't argue. There is no best among us. We are all equal, David said. Moreover, everyone knows that it is me who holds this record, no need to argue with you.

The two looked at him in dismay, while he put on his best smile.

 - Anyway, who ties him up? Jonah asked.

 - I'll pass my turn, I don't know how to make wolf sausage, answered Aiko.

 - Let's ask Eva who's coming, Liam offered.

On the horizon, a figure approached running. Soon, the young girl came up to them. She was holding a British gun in her handBrown Bess, long, dark brown, with a metallic tip that was shining in the rays of the sun. The young girl had a pale, almost cadaverous complexion. Her face was sunken, triangle-shaped. She had thin, thin lips, the color of which was almost the same as that of her skin. A Greek nose with a tip slightly reddened by running. Her hair was jet black, thin, with a slightly disheveled and tousled look. It was very long and held back in a thick mat. Eva was very thin, like a wand, which could easily be broken. A long, slender silhouette, shapeless. She had a droopy gaze, with dark blue eyes, like the sky before a storm. She wore a khaki green jacket that came to her mid-torso, with gold stripes on the shoulders. She was also dressed in a blue-green tunic, with a v-neck, adjusted at the waist by a black leather belt, embellished with golden ornaments. Her legs were molded by black pants, with a hooked thigh pouch to hold ammunition, as well as a knee pad on one leg. High lace-up boots in the same color as her jacketwere enclosing her feet.

 - Sorry, I'm late again, she said.

 - No, it's nothing, are you fine Eva ? Jonah replied.

He gazed at her with a worried air, as if he feared that she might be blown away. He looked like he wanted to bury her in a hole so he could protect her. 

 - I'm fine, don't worry, otherwise, you would already know.

 - Eva... Say, do you know how to tie knots for evil wolves over two meters tall? Aiko asked.

 - Um...maybe...

 - Wait, David interrupted them, we must put the feather before taking care of the rest.

 - I'll do it, Liam replied.

He stretched out his hand skyward, and his palm lit up with a shimmering bluish glow. A feather of the same color appeared above in a small whirlwind of wind. It gradually took off from Liam's hand and went to the air.

The wind began to swirl around, then, suddenly, it was as if the feather exploded. A bluish wings shadow shimmered for a moment as little bits of feathers went to spread through the air.

For a moment, an azure light reigned in the atmosphere, the signature of a mysterious group of hunters: the Blue Feathers.

In the distance disappeared five figures and what looked like a mass of bound wolf.