Chapter 6

Lan Zhan couldn't stop his tears as they came out of empathy. He turned to wei ying and grab him into a hug while apologizing over and over again.

"I'm sorry Wei Ying for ever hurting you with my words and actions. It was never my intention I just wanted to help you and my inability to express myself lead to us having misunderstandings. I never hated you never. I could've tried harder to help you and the Wens. Wei Ying I wanted to visit again, but uncle forbid me to leave the cloud Recess. I pleaded with brother to go himself and see that you're not building an army, but he listen to Jin Guangyao, who told him not to go because he doesn't know what you are really up to in the burial mounds. And my brother chose to listen to his sworn brother than his own blood brother who never lied to him.

They told me it's because of my feelings for you that I can't think straight. I was the one who fought for you to come to your nephews one hundred day celebration if I knew they would ambushed you I would've never send that letter. Please forgive me Wei Ying. "

Lan Zhan says. He was a little out of breath after speaking so many words,
but he needed to get it off his chest. Lan Zhan pulled away and looked at Wei Ying who also had tears in his eyes.

"Lan Zhan I don't blame you so please don't blame yourself. The choices I made were my own and I will make it again if need be minus the golden core of course I'm not giving a piece of myself that I have worked so hard for away again so don't worry.
We have another chance to change things. A chance to safe those that we really want to safe. I'm not using this second chance to be any bodies bitch"

Wei Ying said while looking at Lan Zhan while he just nod his head in agreement.

"That was alot to take in. I must say you went through alot. The way I see it they were only looking for a opportunity to come after you, they didn't care what it was. And I must say they were brilliant by using Jiang Cheng against you or should I say, how they played on his insecurities. Telling him that you doesn't respect him as a sect leader even though you never said a bad word against him. It was genius really because they needed him to alienate you. And he played to the tune they were blowing also knowing he got his mother's temper. These people had all their angles covered. They had all the sects playing and dancing just the way they wanted. Nobody spoke up against them except for you and the Nie sect Leader but because of his hatred for the Wens they knew he would go along with any plans they had. And when you defect and became the enemy of the Cultivation world nothing was stopping them now. And another thing I picked up on, actually on two occasions is that both times at
Qionqi Path and Nightless City there was the sound of another flute. Could it be that who ever the person was altered ChengQing order".

Wen Kexing asked while taping the fan against his chin.

Wei Ying's eyes grew wide after hearing that. He shake his head slightly not knowing what to say or do, tears run down his face. Lan Zhan squeeze his hands ever so lightly. Wei Ying turns his head to him.

"Lan Zhan I fought I heard wrong at Nightless City when I heard a flute. So it wasn't my imagination then. Someone else was able to altered ChengQing's command. They blamed me, I blamed myself. My family died, the only people who excepted me for who I am, loved me, cared for and about me. Wen Qing and Wen Ning, granny, uncle four and all the aunties and uncles died for nothing. A-Yaun died for nothing. "

Wei Ying was screaming now. He lost everything because someone decided that the power he holds needs to be taken away at whatever cost. Lan Zhan pulled him into a hug trying to calm him because Wei Ying was shaking and small amounts of resentment was curling around.

"Wei Ying calm down please".

Lan Zhan said. But he is just feeling so angry right now. Angry at the people who orchestrated the whole thing. The Jin the ever power hungry bastards.