Chapter 17

The boys started in earnest with their training. Sometimes along side them their uncles would also train but most days it's just them and the disciples. They sharpened their skills in knife throwing. They practiced with their archery and crossbows. They practiced on horseback throwing knives, shooting crossbows. They practiced the swift moving steps and the eighteen moves of qiumingi. Moving around each other like a soft breeze. Bichen and Subian were singing with power as they clash with each other.

Afterwards they would sit down to meditate. Wei Ying and Lan Zhan has become stronger. Even at their young age the power they held were incredible. Master Ye would check their spiritual power and qi daily. One day he told them that they are ready to use the arrogant mountain closing posture. He has been teaching them over the years but now that they were stronger they would not have a problem. So the two take two steps away from each other. They raised their left hand in front of their chest and pointed their swords down at a slant to their right. The swords were swiped forward in a wide arc releasing a powerful wave of energy.

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan were nineteen and twenty years old. Their romance also progresses quite beautifully to the amusement of their three uncles who really just think they are cute. Because even though they train hard they always find a way to steal a kiss or two but truthfully they are just glad that it hadn't progress past the kissing stage and grobing. So now one of them sleep in one of the boys room can't have one of them sleep walking into the others room that's a definite no. Three months after the boys intensive training they went down to yiling. On arrival what they saw was not what they were expecting. There at the gate stood Huaisang looking around nervously.

They looked at each other confused. What is he doing here. Wei Ying ever mischievous decided to give him a scare so he walked up to him and tap him on shoulder while whispering.
"Are you ready to die."

Huaisang screech screaming.

"No, I don't want to die."

Wei Ying burst out laughing holding his tummy as he laugh. Huaisang after recovering glared at him not impress at all.

" A-Ying why would you do that. Do you want to give me a heart attack?".

He asked while holding his one hand over his chest breathing hard.

"Come let's go inside first".

Zishu said. They walked inside. They put their things down and then went towards the receiving area. They all sit down while the servants brings in tea and sweets and cakes. As soon as the servants left and everyone looked at Huaisang wants to know what brings him here. Huaisang eyes sift nervously he doesn't know where to look.

"A-Sang, what's wrong?".

Wei Ying asks him.

" I have asked Da-ge not to join the war. I can't loose him he's my only family. A-Ying Im not cut out to be a sect Leader and I'm way to young. You and A-Zhan know that I love my birds and fan painting way to much. If I become sect Leader than I won't have time for my favorite things but he is so headstrong he told me even if he doesn't join you will still come for him. I know that he was part of the masses that massacre your family because of his hatred for the Wens. Will you not have mercy on him and spare him please".

He spoke to them with tears and a pleading look in his eyes.

The five looked at each other than at Huaisang feeling for him. They know how it feels to lose loved ones,family.

" Huaisang if your brother are truly willing to lay down his Sabre and not fight we won't come after him, but if he chooses to fight that's another story. Your brother showed me that he doesn't believe who is right and who is wrong. In his first life he let his hatred control him killing those I love and who was my family. Those people had showed me more love then the jiangs ever showed me. Maybe I shouldn't judge him on this life but I can't help but remember how they all cut down my family. The weak and the sick. Farmers and healers. They saw who they were but still they lifted their swords. Let me asked you this. Does your brother know that you are here A-Sang".