Nine

There was something about her. Something that caught my interest and riled my ego.

Her words were scorching, just like the green flames dancing within her eyes. The first time we met, I remembered how cool and kind they were, her eyes apologetic as she dabbed softly the napkin on my stained shirt, but then I said something the rich thought of those below them.

She was nothing and she proved me wrong. I am always unnerved by her lashing tongues in all of our encounters, so much today I had to submit to them.

Sometimes you have to lose the war to win the battle.

I replayed her pert voice in my head wicked and sensual, "Aren't you begging at this point?"

Apart from my bruised ego, I did want her on my bed but she is the only woman that won't make herself available to me there's nothing wrong in putting in an effort once in your lifetime.

I need to be satiated and she will satiate me.

I sipped the last of my wine in my glass when I heard what could not be mistaken to be a call for help.
It was an anxious voice yelling exasperatedly, "Help!" I glanced over at the fall over the cliff.

I felt uneasy as she was nowhere to be found. She did promise to make herself invisible to me because I teased her quite inappropriately. I had little decency but it was pleasing to get her all worked up, her face flushed in sheer embarrassment.
Where's the green-eyed witch?  I wondered.
Another call for help yelled out this time from the direction of the cliff, her voice strained and I knew instantly it was her.

I felt my legs running in desperation to get to her in time. Something about her being in danger didn't sit well with me.

It felt nice to have someone to talk down for you for once. Everyone around me only gave undue respect and faked their genuity for favours. 
I still wanted her on my bed so nothing bad should happen to her.

I walked towards the edge of the cliff finding it odd she wasn't on it. I wanted to yell for her but then I realized I had no idea what her name was. 

Wow! Marcus, wow.

"Hey! Green-eyed lady!" I yelled for her.

"Marcus!" She yelled back, I could hear the relief in her voice. I looked around scanning the surface but she wasn't anywhere on the cliff or further down the steep stairs that led to the pool.

"Look down, idiot!"

Idiot, dear me.

I crouched below, surprised to see her hanging. I took my time, resting my head on my folded arms as I stared down at her.

"What are doing, I need help. I can fall and die any moment from now."

I smirked at her, "I never thought you took so seriously your word to hide your nudity from me."
She passed me a sharp glare, "Call someone else."

"Quit being entitled about it or fall to your death. I don't really care. I am too much of an Idiot to call someone else to help. Useless too."
I started walking away, and I could hear her frustration coming out in breaths, she wasn't able to voice them out.

"Well you called me a filth, we are even." She yelled back at me, her voice shaking. I could her tremors.

"My hands are getting sore Marcus. I don't want to die."
The last thing I wanted was to let any harm get to her, I was about to turn back to get to her when she said something I never thought in my lifetime I would hear.

"I am sorry! I shouldn't have called you an Idiot and you are useful for this moment at least."

I smiled at her, "That's the apology I was waiting for but it still doesn't account for my help."