Sixteen

Juliette

I blinked at Marcus and wanted to pretend I heard him not, but the tip of my ears was already burning. I do hope the dim light hides my fluster.

I raised my chin at him. "You are not allowed to do that."

He edges closer to where I stood, his eyes running over him intensely making my stomach wrung into anxious knots.

"Why not?"I leaned against the wall, his huge frame closing me. My face was splattered with intense fear, not from him but from the fact I was this close to breaking my resolve and yielding to his charms.

"Without food, a man can't live." A sly smile danced at the corner of his lips. His grey eyes were luminous and burnt with mischief.

"Well I am not food." I shrugged.

"I believe you are being purposely naive." Marcus teased, his finger running across my lower lips. His eyes were intent as he watched his little antics.

"Naive and overflowing with innocence." I blurted, his smile growing wider.

"I won't mind taking that away." He played along, his eyes twinkling made me more nervous.

"I am still hungry." I pouted at him. He withdrew slightly, his hand instantly intertwined with mine and he drew me along with him.

"Unlike you, I only eat humans." He said.

"A vampire are you?" I asked, hiding my amusement.

A shocked gasp fake escaped his lips. I wanted to burst into a peal of laughter but I held on.
He drew closer. "You guessed right. The hidden secret that holds why I am irresistible, Charming and youthful."

"Oh I don't find you irresistible or Charming." I pushed out my chin in a prideful manner.

He walked me to his fancy kitchen, I stood for a moment admiring it before being raised into the air. I realized he raised me to sit on the kitchen island.

I was stunned for a while.

"Such prideful behaviour is the reason why you must be eaten. To be punished." I almost recoiled at how nasty but beautifully coded we were being. I might still be tipsy.

I recalled I resolved to leave immediately but that can wait.

Maybe after dinner, I can leave.

"And if I refuse?" I dangled my legs in the air. "You die, for without me you can't live."

"You can't be that heartless to starve a poor innocent vampire who just wants some food." He dropped the dialer back and looked at me in faked pity. I felt my insides stir at how light-hearted he was, it was beautiful. For some reason, I felt I was allowed to see him each day I spent time with him with some depth into his personality more than just rich, arrogant and wealthy.

His abstruse grey orbs remained playful.

" Starving you is my good back to the world."

The door made some kind of futuristic sound and I realized it was his doorbell. He spoke into the dialer.
"Come in."

Two men dressed in the server uniform pushed a trolley towards her, leaving it just behind the counter.

"Is that the food?" I asked, finding out I was indeed very hungry.

"Yes." He nodded, smiling at my enthusiasm, ignoring how flustered I was under his gaze, I jumped down and went to the trolley.
I was met with a wide array of fancy-looking food. I blinked at how beautiful they all looked like they were made in the kitchen of the finest chef.