Artemis Lykaios

I had a dream. A dream to have a family of my own, just like my mom and dad.

When I turned 21, I was in seventh heaven when I found out that my childhood love, Anastasia, was my mate. She was the daughter of the Beta of our pack so we grew up together and we had a liking towards each other since we were kids. We thanked Moon Goddess for her blessings over us. We were so happy together. It felt like a dream.

When I turned 23, my father, Ajax Lykaios, handed over the position of Alpha to me along with our family business. It was a huge responsibility. But still I was happy because I knew I had a  special person who would always  support me in my thick and thin and that person was none other than the love of my life, Anastasia.

Ana was an ambitious woman. She wanted to do something for her career, Even though her father was a renowned businessman apart from being a Beta,  she wanted to establish her own identity. And I was so happy to know that my mate is as ambitious as myself. Since We had already marked each other, we together decided to postpone our official mating ceremony where she would be declared as our Pack's Luna and our parents were cooperative enough.

After her graduation, she landed her dream job in a big firm in London and she moved out. I couldn't stop her because I knew how important her dream was. I was upset because we hardly had time for each other. Every alternate weekend either she comes to Sicily or I fly to London to meet each other. We had busy schedules in our daily lives but still we were happy, because we had each other.

We were on the top of the world when we came to know that we were about to be parents. We decided to have our official Mating ceremony after our baby was born, because we wanted him/her to present on that very special day.

After exactly 9 months, the Moon goddess blessed us with a baby boy. Ana decided to resign from her job to look after our baby. I was against it as I knew that job was important to her. She wanted to be a good mother and according to her she can get another job which could have been done from home. But again, how can she forget that I was her mate. I could sense her uneasiness in the thought of leaving that job. So I decided to give her a big surprise.

A day before our mating ceremony, we flew to London to disclose my big surprise to Ana. She was shining in happiness when she got to know that I had bought her a house in London. Initially she was confused, then when I revealed to her that the house was hers and she can continue with her job along with taking care of our bundle of joy, she started to cry. I was feeling so lucky to have a family of my own, and my dream turned into reality.

But they say happiness can be jinxed very easily, and unfortunately it was true in my case. When Anastasia and I were heading to London Airport , a car started to follow us. We were chased down by our enemies, Rouges. I knew those Rogues were after one thing and that was our ancestral ring on my left index finger. This ring was an heirloom which has been passed down to Alphas of our pack from generations. They say it possesses mysterious magic powers. Rogues have been after this ring for generations and we Alphas have protected it at any cost from wrong hands.

They were firing silver bullets at us. In this death race, our car collided with another car. As a result my car skidded in such a way that a silver bullet hit on Anastasi's heart and she died at the spot. My love of my life left me alone in this cruel world. My dream to have a family with Ana was shattered into pieces in front of my eyes.

That day, the Artemis Lykaios that the world knew, fell apart. It changed everything. I put my guards up and I became the most brutal person in the world. 

It was all my fault. I wish I hadn't brought her to London. I cursed myself every single day. I cursed the Moon Goddess every single day. How could she be so cruel to me? How could she snatch Anastasia from me? How could she snatch a mother away from her little baby?

It has been six years, and I still couldn't get over her. I badly miss her every single day.

Right now my only motto is to protect my son and save my pack from the evil eye of those Rogues. A time will come very soon when I will get my Revenge from those fuckers.