9. Odd Hour

Situation was getting out of hand. Number of deaths was increasing from both sides. Artemis was ruthless, no doubt, but he had a strong sense of responsibility towards his men and their family. He always considered his men as a part of his family.

His team were trying really hard to find clues regarding the location of Bloodlust Hounds. His men were going on missions alive, but he was returned back with their dead bodies.

He was frustrated. He was fed up with this life. Sometimes he wished to be a normal person. He wondered how his life would have been if he was one of those useless humans. What kind of carefree life has he had?

Carefree life? Those words were laying only in his wildest dream. He was just a regular Alpha, but Alpha of the most powerful Pack, Lykaios Pack and that position comes with great responsibilities which he cannot deny. He was born for this position and there was no turning back.

He was resting his head back on his chair in the office when his phone vibrated. A crease formed between his eyebrows and he picked up the call.It was Jason. He told him everything that happened in the birthday party. How Theo got into a fight and how Poppy came just in time and stopped the aggressive Theo.

That boy was getting out of his hand. He was only 5 and his level of aggression kept increasing day by day which was not a good sign.

He felt a sense of relief when he heard Poppy took him with her. He doesn't know Poppy personally, but he had faith in her. He knew his son would be okay with her. He instructed Jason to keep an eye on them.

He walked to the window and lit up a cigarette. Lots of thoughts were circling inside his brain. He was thinking of ways to control his son when an idea hit him. He made himself sure to implement it by tomorrow.

It was already 9'oclock when he texted Jason for their location. He told him they were on their way and also informed them that Poppy was with them. As soon as he heard Jason, his mouth slid into a lopsided smile.

His smile faded away as soon as he realized what he was doing. He was thankful that nobody was there to witness his smile. Why the hell he was even smiling, he questioned himself. He shrugged his thoughts and waited for them.

.

.

.

.

When he heard the sound of a car engine, he instantly walked to Theo's room. His legs halted when he noticed a familiar girl carrying Theo in her arms. He walked to the door slowly and saw her carefully putting Theo in the bed and kissing her forehead. An unknown feeling of giddiness filled in his heart. He took a few steps back towards the dark when he saw her coming outside.

He saw her eyes turned into terror when she saw him. It was semi dark in the hallway. But looking at the silhouette of that man, Poppy knew exactly who he was. Although Eugene and Artemis had almost the same body structure, the aura that oozes out from Artemis were far different from Eugene. It was dominating, to be precise.

He was standing in front of her, resting his hands inside the pant pocket. He came a step closer and his sharp chiseled face slightly illuminated by the faint light coming from the distance. His deadly eyes were scrutinizing her from head to toe. There was something dangerous flickering in his orbs which Poppy couldn't decipher, because till then her brain had already stopped working any further.