3. I am so dead.

Typically, Poppy was a very confident woman when it comes to representing herself to the world, but for certain reasons she wasn't feeling like one today. Monday came in the blink of an eye and she was hella nervous, for God knows why. Her sixth sense was whispering to her that some unexpected things might happen very soon and whatever it was, she knew that it would change her course of life.

She was no doubt an early bird. But today, she woke up extra early from her normal time. She did her usual morning routine, had a relaxing warm brisk shower in an attempt to lose her anxiety and dressed in her usual self.

She wore a full-sleeved peach-coloured cotton shirt with buttons closed till her neck and a medium-sized red bow around her shirt collar and tucked the shirt on a  navy blue skirt which covered most of her legs. Only a small part of the ankle area was peeking through that gap of her skirt and the floor. Finally, she paired the whole outfit with her favourite brown-coloured oxford shoes and completed her look with her favourite round silver metal-rimmed secretary glasses. According to her, it gave her a matured look to her baby face.

She prefers modesty. It was the best thing her mother taught her since she was a child. She never liked to show much skin in public. Eventhough, she always looked more like an old lady with those old fashioned clothes and glasses, than a young girl in her early twenties, her dressing was classic.

Lastly, she tied her waist-length long deep brown hair in a ponytail with a few rouge strands sticking out on her face. She applied a pink coloured lip balm and that was all she did to her face. It's not like she hated makeup, but it was too hassel for her.

She put the visiting card that Eugene gave her, in her black sling bag along with some essentials. Standing in front of the mirror for a last glance at herself, she gave a satisfied sigh loving her presentable self.

She had her breakfast with Edina and both the ladies left the apartment for their respective workplace.

Poppy booked cabs 3 times in a row but each time the cab driver cancelled the trip because the address mentioned in the card was located in a deserted outskirt area of Sicily, and according to those drivers they won't be getting any passengers from there.

After trying countless times, finally, one driver agreed to drop her but only with extra charges. She had to agree because she had no other choice. It was already getting late and she didn't want to be late any further on her first day of job.

During the years she stayed in Sicily, she never went to the outskirts because her aunt lived in a proper city and she never really had a chance to explore the city. This was the first time she was travelling far from her aunt's apartment.

On her way, she looked through the scenery from the window and she was awestruck at the beauty of Sicily. She was lost in the mesmerising picturesque.  At that moment she regretted how she denied it whenever Edina told her to explore the city.

She was absent-mindedly looking out of the window, but her trance broke into pieces when the driver halted the car with a screeching sound.

"Your destination has arrived, Madam", he said looking at her through the rear mirror. She got down from the car and inspected the area. It was strange that there was not a single soul on the road.

"This looks like an abandoned area. Are you going to be fine, alone?", the driver asked, looking at her in concern.

"Yes. I will be fine. Thank you", Poppy said politely with a gentle smile and handed him the fare.

"This is my card. If you need a cab, just give me a call", the driver said with a smile. Poppy nodded her head and with that the driver left.

She walked the sign board which read 'This is a private property of Lykaios Family, trespassing is strictly prohibited'. She walked further when a huge mansion at the end of the road came into her view.