12. Cursing him

The moon was already up in the sky, shining so brightly. After coming back home and throwing her bag somewhere in the living area, she went straight to Eva's place. After a hectic day at the hospital, Eva was in her peaceful dream land when her doorbell rang continuously. She got down from her bed and cursed the person who was on the other side of the door.

She stomped towards the door and opened it abruptly. "Who the fuck....", she cursed but stopped when she saw the most unexpected person in front of her apartment at the most unexpected time. "What are you doing here at this hour?", she asked in confusion, but Poppy barged in, not bothering to reply to her. Eva was very much surprised to see her as it was so out of her character. She had always informed Eva before coming to her place.

That naive but feisty girl had to shrug  her anger away somewhere. She didn't choose her own place to do so. Edina was already dealing with some legal issues regarding her flower shop and Poppy didn't want to make her worry. The only place left for her was Eva's place. She knocked on her door and barged inside, blabbering curses, as soon as Eva opened the door for her.

"What does he think of himself?" She fisted in the air as if she wanted to punch a ghost. "I am so mad right now, Eva. I am feeling like punching him in the face. I will kick on his fine ass and fly him away to Mars. I swear to god, I am going to avenge his rude behaviour very soon."

Eva saw her in bewilderment for her sudden outburst. Poppy was a very patient girl as far as she knows her, except when it comes to her student, Theo. The last time she was pissed off was when he pulled a really bad prank on her. But what happened today? Did he do something again? Who was she cursing anyway? She stood a few steps away from her and watched her pacing back and forth, cursing someone.

"That shit of a man. I am going to kick his balls and send him to the hell", Poppy gritted.

"Man she said? Hmmm, that's interesting", Eva murmured and gave a mischievous smirk. "Calm down my little worrier, calm down. Now tell me what happened from start to finish", she patted her back to calm her down. Eva was concerned for her but also too curious to know which man she was referring to.

Poppy released a huffing sound and plopped on the couch. Eva sat beside her and waited for her to speak. Poppy told her how Artemis' accused on her character and how she shredded the contract copy on his face.

Eva's relaxed state changed into an enraged one. How dare he utter such cruel things to her sweet little friend. What does he think of himself? She has to meet him in person to show him his right place.  "You did the right thing. If I was in your place, I would have punched and kicked him on the spot.", she gritted. "I know I have told you to accept this job, but now I am telling you to stay away from that mansion, especially him.". Poppy nodded in agreement

.

.

.

.

Next morning Poppy's phone started to chime at her usual alarm time. She had already made up her mind not to step on that place ever again in her life, so cancelling all her alarms she went back to her peaceful sleep.

Few minutes later, her phone chimed again. "I just canceled all my alarms, why are you still shouting? It's time to replace you", she cursed her phone in a hoarse voice and picked it up from the side table. Picking up the phone, her eyes went wide when she realised it was not the alarm but a call from Eugene. She wondered why he was calling her. Hadn't his devil big brother told him about yesterday's incident. Hesitantly she picked up the phone. "Hello", she said in a small voice.

"How come you are still sleeping, it's already 9 o'clock?", Eugene said with his usual playful voice.

The way he sounded so casual, Poppy got the idea that he might be totally oblivious of her yesterday's interaction with Mr. Lyakios. "I.. I just need some sleep. Soo....", a loud yawn didn't let her finish the sentence.