6. Captivated

Poppy tried to walk as fast as she could to get inside the mansion hoping that she wouldn't meet Theo's father on her way. She was like 10 minutes late and Eugene had already warned her to be punctual as Artemis doesn't entertain those who run late at their jobs.

She was walking with her long strides in the corridor when all of a sudden the door of a room in front of her opened and a tall figure came out it. Before she could slow down, her body had already collided with the wall of a man.She was about to fall on the ground when an arm snake around her tiny waist and held her. Her eyes turned saucer when she saw that person's face. She cursed her luck. Why of all the people in this mansion, she had to crash on this particular species. Artemis made her stand on her feet with a death glare, which gave her a mini heart attack. He took a look on his watch and his eyebrows frowned. "You were supposed to be here at 9 o'clock sharp". he said with a stern face looking deep into her eyes. "I..I..we.. I mean the car got stuck in the traffic jam.", she stuttered in front of him, who looked more like a mountain compared to her small figure. He curled his hands on his chest and said, "Miss Summers, if it was solely because of the traffic, forget about interrogating, I wouldn't have even spared a glance at you because I am a very busy person. But as far as I have been informed, the car had reached your place just in time and was waiting for you in front of your apartment for like 15 minutes . It was you who took extra time to get down."

"I .. am S..sor.", she was about to apologize when Artemis showed his palm in front of her face which meant to stop her talking. "Don't make excuses because I am not buying it. This is your first time, so I am turning a blind eye on this matter because next time you won't be here.", he warned her with his stoic face and walked past her. Her warning made her shudder.

What the hell did he mean I won't be here. Is he planning to wipe me out from this planet just for being late?

She was boiling with anger for his rude behavior. It was not her intention to be late, but her aunt was sick so she had to do extra morning chores on her behalf. When he was out of her sight she cursed him under her breath, "Arrogant Bitch". His bossy behavior irked her from day one. Technically he was indeed the Boss of this Mansion, but who gave him the right to be rude to her every single time they met.

"Who is this Arrogant Bitch?", a husky sound came from behind her. It made her body tremble in fear. Fear of being heard to curse her own boss. Whatever it was, she didn't want this job to be snatched away from her this early. She had just started working here.

She turned around and saw Eugene smirking at her. She sighed in relief when she realized that was him. Sometimes she wished Eugene was her boss. He was friendly and made her comfortable compared to that giant.

"Nothing. I was just cursing my luck.", she smiled awkwardly.

"Hmm. You are quite late today. I hope Artemis didn't see you coming."

"I wish he wouldn't have. But just now he gave me a pretty good lecture for being punctual and not to mention warned me with those intense threatening eyes. It was too much for my weak heart", she said, placing her small hand on her chest.

Eugene chuckled at her choice of words, "I like your sense of humor", he said with an attractive smile on his face, which was too bright for her eyes. For a second Poppy's heart did a flip flop looking at his smiling face. She wondered how a person can be this handsome.