Chapter 1

"I love you too."  That's the last thing I said to my mom before she died. 

I was ten years old when she passed away.  Every night, I have the same dream.  Me crying, holding my moms hand while she tells me she loves me, and I tell her I love her too.  I hated being reminded this every night, but I guess it was the only thing I could remember.  I was now 18 years old, and a senior in high school.  I live in London, where the streets are always busy, and my one and only friend, Annie and I are always being loud.  My life wasn't that perfect though.  When I was eleven, my dad remarried to this witch who had a son and a daughter.  Her son and daughter were just as bad as her, always making me do things for them, putting me down.  My dad didn't really care about me anymore, he only cared about my evil stepmother and her kids.  I was basically the maid of the house, left to clean after my 'family' after they finished doing whatever they did.  You could say I was like Cinderella, but my name's not Cinderella, it's Alexa. 

"ALEXA, COME CLEAN THE BATHROOM!!" yelled my evil stepmother Lillian.  Her daughter, Jennifer, came and handed me the mop, and box of cleaning supplies with an evil grin on her face.  When Lillian and her kids moved in here seven years ago, I tried getting along with Jennifer and her brother, Jackson, but they always made me look bad infront of everyone.  I don't hate them though.  I could never hate anyone since that's how my mom raised me.  "I'm coming" I mumbled. 

Once I finished cleaning the bathroom, I got up only to be pushed on the ground by Jennifer.  Jackson came in after her and dumped a bucket of mud all over the floor.  "Oops, looks like you're not done Lexi." she said laughing, as she exited the bathroom followed by her brother.  I began to clean the bathroom again, my tears helping me clear the mud, as they dropped one by one on the floor.  "Oh give me a break" said my stepmother watching me from the door "you live in a beautiful home, and all I ask of you is to clean the house, and you cry?  Grow up Alexa, not everything is a fairytale.  Oh wait, it is for me." she said, laughing her way out of the bathroom just like her kids did. 

(Niall's POV)

"Come on lad, we have to leave now if we wanna make it on time for soundcheck." said Liam.  Always being the responsible one.  "Ya, let me just find my phone." I said.  I know I put it here somewhere.  "Right here mate." said Harry handing me my phone.  "Thanks."  We all headed out the door, to go to soundcheck. 

(Alexa's POV)

"Alexa, you have to go to the One Direction concert with me tonight!!" said my best friend, and only friend, Annie.  "Annie, you know Lillian won't let me out of the house to go to some concert."  "One, it's not just some concert, it's One Direction's concert.  Two, she doesn't have to know you left.  Just lock the door to your room and sneak out the window." she said while taking a sip out of her smoothie.  "I guess I can try, but if she catches me, you're going down with me." I said.  "Yay, thank you!!" she said while giving me a hug.  The bell rang, and we headed off to our next class.  I walked into my yearbook class, and sat down in my assigned seat.  "So, as you all know, One Direction is having a concert tonight, and I would like any of you that are going to take pictures.  The school paper asked us to do this so they could write about it, and it's good practice for you guys." my teacher Ms. Palms aksed us. 

The time finally came, where I could go home to get ready for this concert.  I like One Direction, but I wasn't crazy about them like Annie was.  "Oh good, you're home." said Lillian "I need you to clean my room, Jennifers, and Jacksons.  I'm taking them to a concert tonight, and I will be back at midnight.  I want all of our rooms spotless, got that?" she asked waiting for my answer.  "Yes ma'am." I said as I walked off to go get started on the rooms.  I felt my back pocket vibrating, as I reached for my phone, and saw that I had an incoming call from Annie.  "Hey girl, ready for the concert tonight?" she asked obviously super excited.  "Actually, bad news, I have to clean everyone's room tonight so I can't go." I said, kind of sad that I let my best friend down.  "That's not a problem, because I'm gonna call someone to clean it for you.  You're going to that concert with me whether you like it or not.  No objections." and with that, she hung up.  Since I was going to this concert, I went to go pick out an outfit.  I headed over to my closet, and found a cute pink flowered dress, that was flowy and short at the bottom, and had a cute brown belt around the waist.  I picked out some pink flats to go with it, and put on a a long skirt with a baggy shirt on top so my stepmother wouldn't suspect anything.  I didn't apply any makeup, I would do that before I left quickly.  I straightened my hair, since it was practically naturally straight, and I thought curling it would be too fancy.  I put my camera and a bag I had, since I had to take pictures for yearbook, and waited for Annie to call me so that I could sneak out the window.  My stepmother had already left, but I dressed like this, just in case she saw me anywhere.  If she caught me, I was dead. 

Annie finally texted me saying she was here, so I locked the door of my room, snuck out the window, and ran to her car.  I jumped in, and hugged Annie.  We drove off to the arena where the concert would take place, singing along to every song that came up on the radio.  After about half an hour, we parked in the parking lot, and headed in the arena.  It was huge, and packed with people.  I was getting nervous, mostly because Annie couldn't stop jumping and tapping her foot impatiently.  "Will you calm down? You're making me nervous." I told her, which made her giggle.  "Sorry, I just can't wait til they come out and sing."  We took our seats, finally, and waited for the concert to start.

So guys, I hope you like it, and please vote and comment.  I really want to get five votes before I update the next chapter.  Please comment and tell me what you think, and give me some ideas for the next chapter. Remember, five votes for next chapter.  Thanks:)