Chapter 6

(Alexa's POV)

It's been three days since Annie tried saving me.  Jennifer and Jackson haven't tried beating us again, and I'm suprised they haven't even come up to check on us.  I don't know what to do anymore and I've tried hard not to lose hope, but it's no use.  I had hoped that Harry had gotten the message, but I guess not if he hasn't come.  I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, and the door opened revealing Jackson.  "Get up." he said while grabbing a knife and cutting the rope so that only our feet were untied.  He grabbed a gun, and pointed it at us, while he led us out the door and downstairs.  "What's going on?" asked Annie.  "Shut up or I shoot." he said angry now.  Annie looked at me with fear in her eyes, and I couldn't help but want to cry.  I never wanted this for her, and because of me she was in danger.  "Jackson, go get the stuff." said Lillian while she gave her luggage to Jennifer.  "Go put my bags in the car and stay outside until your brother puts the rest of our things in the car." said my stepmother while putting her gloves on.  "Yes mother." Jennifer said obediently.  Minutes later, Jackson came down with a carry on bag in hand.  "Well girls, I hope you speak french because we're going to France." she said with a smile on her face.  France?! "I'm not going anywhere with you." said Annie anger now clear in her voice.  "Well you don't have much of a choice." said Lillian taking out a gun and pointing it at her.  "Go!" she shouted, and Annie and I left the house.  We were about to get in the car when the police surrounded our house.  Finally!!!!  Harry and Niall were the first ones to jump out of the car, followed by the police and the rest of the boys.  The cops pulled out their guns and surrounded us.  "Hands above your head.  You're under arrest." one of them said, as they went and handcuffed Lillian, Jennifer and Jackson.  Niall didn't hesitate to run to me, and give me one of his famous Horan hugs.  I hugged him back, and started crying tears of joy.  "Shhh, you're safe now darling." he said placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.  I looked up and smiled at him before I burried my head in his chest.  "You're safe now." he whispered in my ear soothingly.  I released him for a second, and saw that Annie and Harry were kissing.  Awwww!!  Niall looked behind him to see what I was smiling at, and turned back around to me only to do the same thing.  He placed one hand around my waist, and the other on my cheek, and leaned in.  His lips brushed against mine, and gently pressed them on mine.  When he pulled back, he whispered in my ear, "Alexa, you're my everything." and with that I held on to him for as long as I could before the cops told me that they needed Annie and I to go to the police station with them and tell them what exactly happened.  Niall and Harry went in the same car as us, and I cuddled with Niall the whole way.  I never wanted to let go of him, and I could tell he felt the same way.

Once we reached the station, we went inside and sat in an office.  Five minutes later, a cop came in and sat behind the desk.  "So, I talked to the lady and her two kids, and she said some stuff about not doing anything and other stuff that I'm not allowed to say.  I would have believed her, but you both look terrible." Niall looked at me, and noticed that the cop was right.  I knew I looked terrible, and I looked much worse than Annie.  I was covered in bruises and cuts, I had a black eye, and I had a really bad cuts because Jackson whipped me several times.  Niall's face fell as he took my arms and examined them.  "I suggest you take them both to a hospital so that they can be treated." the cop said.  He got up from the desk, and we left his office.  Louis drove us to the hospital, and we drove in complete silence.  I guess no one really knew what to say.  Louis parked the car in the hospital parking lot, and we got down to go sign in.  Niall sat next to me, not really touching me anymore. 

(Niall's POV)

I never noticed her cuts or bruises or black eye.  When she came out of the house, I guess I was blinded relief because she looked like the girl I saw a few weeks ago, unharmed.  Then the cop said that they needed to be seen by a doctor, and I gave him a confused look until I looked at Alexa and saw he was right.  Now I didn't want to touch her, afraid I would hurt her.  I'm glad they put that witch and her kids in jail because I would kill them right now if they weren't.  They hurt my princess, the reason I want to keep living, my everything.  I hadn't noticed I was shaking in anger, until Alexa put her hand on mine.  Her touch instantly calmed me down, and I gave her a smile.  Besides her bruises and cuts, she was still beautiful.  That would never change.  Alexa and Annie were called, and I watched her get up and leave.  This time, I was determined to protect her.  I wouldn't let her get hurt ever again.  The nurse came to get us half an hour later, and Harry and I got up to go see them.  They were in seperate rooms, so I went alone to see Alexa.  She was sleeping so peacefully.  I sat down next to her, and took her hand in mine.  I knew I was falling in love with Alexa, and that made me happy.  I was going to protect her and love her forever.

Thanks for reading guys.  Don't worry, the action's not over, but I just thought I'd make it a little happier.  Please keep voting and reading.  Love you guys:)