Chapter 5

(Alexa's POV)

My eyes lit up when I saw Annie opening the window.  Thank god Jennifer and Jackson never thought about locking the window.  She climbed in leaving the window open so that we could escape.  She grabbed a pocket knife out of her pocket and cut the rope that were keeping my hands and feet tied together.  I took the cloth out of my mouth, and hugged my best friend.  "Annie, you're here." I whispered "How did you find me?"  "Harry called me saying that you were dead because that's what Jennifer told NIall, but I didn't believe that bull." she whispered back.  I was so happy that by now I was crying.  "Don't cry, I'm gonna get you out of here." she said while taking me towards the window.  "Annie, I can't leave my mothers clothes here." I said going towards the closet to get the box that contained my mothers beautiful clothes.  "Alexa, there's no time!  Jennifer and Jackson could be here any minute." she whisper yelled.  "Don't forget me." said Lillian standing at the door with Jennifer and Jackson behind her.  Annie and I gasped as we jumped back against the wall.  "And where do you think you're goin?" she said calmly but angrily circling around us.  Jennifer was now blocking the window while Jackson the door.  "Jackson, tie them up!" she commanded sternly, as Jackson did as he was told.  Jennifer had an evil smirk on her face, as she was now standing behind her mother.  "Please, you can tie me up and do as you want with me, but please let Annie go.  She did nothing to you!" I yelled as I was being tied up once again.  "Oh, but she was trying to help you escape, and we can't have that." my stepmother said leaving the room, but stopping at the door not facing us.  "Jackson, you know what you have to do." and with that, Lillian left the room.  Jackson grabbed a knife from the bucket of weapons, and grabbed Annie's wrist.  "NO!!" I shrieked, as he cut Annie's skin open, blood now dripping on the floor.  Jennifer came over and slapped me in the face, and I was so weak that the impact made everything around me turn to darkness. 

It was so beautiful.  It was a garden filled with hundreds maybe thousands of roses and flowers.  I walked over a bridge, and saw someone standing under a willow tree.  As I came closer to this figure, it smiled at me.  My mother.  It was my mother, my real mother.  I ran to her, and she engulfed me in the most comforting hug.  "My dearest Alexa, I've missed you so much." she whispered in my hear while stroking my hair.  "Mother, I've missed you so much!" I sobbed into her shoulder, as she comforted me.  "Shhh, you're safe now." she said soothingly to me.  "Am I dead?" I ask.  I kind of wish I was right now so that I could stay here with my mother forever, but there's also Annie who is gonna be tortured.  "No, you're not dead yet." she said now looking at me "You have to return to your friend and be the strong girl you are.  I know you can do it and she needs you right now.  Even Niall needs you to stay strong." she said looking at me with those warm eyes that resemble mine so much.  "Niall?"  I don't know how Niall could be suffering more than me.  But I did miss him a lot, and I needed him.  He was my reason for trying so hard to stay alive when I could have easily given up.  "Alexa, I have to let you go now.  But I want you to remember, stay strong for the ones you love.  You have your whole life ahead of you and I promise that the pain is almost over." she said kissing my forehead.  "I love you mom." I said as tears filled my eyes and streamed down my face slowly.  She brushed them away from my thumb and gave me one last smile.  "I love you too, my sweet angel." And with that, my mother was gone in a blinding flash of light. 

"Alexa, Alexa please wake up.  I know you're alive." I heard the voice of my friend calling out to me.  "Annie? Are you ok?" I ask coming back to reality.  "Yes, I'm fine." she said letting out a breathe she was obviously holding.  She was pulling something out of her back pocket, and I saw it was her phone.  "Annie brilliant." I said smiling.  She smiled back, and started texting Harry.  "I told him everything he needs to know, and he's on his way with the police." she whispered very lowly to me.  I nodded in return.  I heard footsteps come up the stairs, and Jackson and Jennifer came in.  They threw the door open, and they both looked very angry.  "So, the police are coming eh?" asked Jackson.  "What?" Annie asked looking shocked and confused.  I probably had the same face expression on.  How did they possibly hear that? They couldn't have heard it even if they were leaning against the door to eavesdrop.  "Oh Alexa.  Poor. Stupid. Alexa." she said shaking her head and laughing a little.  "You didn't think we'd just leave you guys in here with nothing to watch you, did you?" she said looking seriously at me.  "We have cameras around this whole room Alexa." she said mockingly.  Why didn't I think about cameras?  "Give me the phone, NOW!!" yelled Jennifer while holding out her hand for the phone.  Annie gave it to her, and I hope she was smart enough to delete the messages she sent Harry.  As if she could read my mind, she gave me a small nod.  Jennifer and Jackson looked at us like if we were stupid, but left the room slamming the door behind them.  I knew it was going to be tough, but I couldn't give up.  I told my mother I would be a strong girl for the ones I love, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.  Annie and I are going to escape, if it's the last thing we do, and then I would get my happily ever after ending.  Little did I know I was so wrong.