Chapter 3

(Alexa's POV)

I opened my eyes, and saw two blurry images. I blinked a few times, and saw that it was Jennifer and Jackson. They both looked really angry, and I knew what was coming next. "Alexa, do you have any idea what time it is?" Jennifer said pretending to be nice. "No...." I said still trying to take in my surroundings. I was very slow in the mornings. "Well how about I tell you" Jackson said, now yelling "IT'S 11AM AND YOU'RE STILL SLEEPING!! GET YOUR LAZY ASS OFF THE FLOOR AND MAKE BREAKFAST!!!" he yelled, making me flinch. I hated it when he yelled. They left the room, slamming the door shut. After that, my stepmother came running in. "Did you just slam the door? I'VE TOLD YOU MILLIONS OF TIMES NOT TO SLAM THE DOORS!!" she yells, making me flinch yet again. "I didn't-" "Save it Alexa. Your stupid tears can wash the floor and rid the chimney of the ashes. I want this house spotless. One Direction will be coming over for dinner, and the house needs to look it's very best. I also need you to go shopping for two pretty dresses and a nice tux for Jackson. We need to look presentable." she said giving me my chores. "What am I going to do?" I asked quietly. "What do you think you're gonna do" she snapped back "you're gonna be serving us our food and watching us have fun." and with that, she left my room leaving me by myself. I gently closed the door to my room, not wanting the scene from before to replay. I got dressed in some clothes I found and headed downstairs. I made breakfast for Jennifer and Jackson, and got to work on the chimney.

About two hours later, the chimney was clean, the floors were polished to perfection, and I had run to go get two nice dresses and a tux. "Here are the dresses you requested." I said in a sweet voice. "I already handed Jackson his tux, so is there anything else you need me to do?" I asked not wanting to hear what she would say next. "Go get started on the food. Our guests will be here in two hours." I obeyed and left to go get cooking. I took out everything in the fridge, and cooked anything that looked good. While things were cooking, I sent Annie a text saying that One Direction was coming to have dinner at my house, or my stepmother's house.

From Annie: Really?! You're so lucky

To Annie: Not really, I have to serve everyone, and I'm not allowed to talk to them

From Annie: You still get to look at them. I would come, but you know...the witch you have of a stepmother won't let me

To Annie: I wish you could come too

I put my phone away, and set the table. Then I brought all the food, and made everything look delicious. I went upstairs to go put something nicer on, but still maid like, on and went back downstairs to check on everything. The door bell rang, and I went to go open the door, but was stopped by Jennifer who pushed me out of the way and opened the door. "Thank you so much for coming, it really is an honor to have you." she said in her sweetest voice which made me want to puke. She gestured for them to come in and take a seat, and she sat next to Niall. I went to the kitchen and brought the last of the food, and set it at the table. I caught a glimpse of Niall, and he was looking at me kind of confused. I hope he didn't recognize me seeing as I was clean and pretty when he met me and now I'm a mess. "Can I have a glass of water?" Niall asked me in his cute Irish accent. "Of course you can Niall. Lexi get Niall a glass of water would you?" she asked me. I was told not to talk at all, so I just nodded and went to the kitchen. I brought a glass of water and set it infront of Niall. "Thanks love." he said, giving me his famous smile afterwards. Jennifer saw this, and tensed up. "Lexi, you may leave now." she said. I did as she said, seeing I had no other choice, and left to the kitchen. I heard Lillian's voice as she came down and greeted everyone. "I'm very delighted to have you all here. You will always be welcome at my home." my stepmother said sounding professional. "Alexa, do you mind bringing me a glass of water?" she asked. I quickly entered the dining room, and handed her her glass of water. She gave me a fake smile, and then focused her attention on the boys. "Excuse me, but where is the restroom?" Niall asked getting up slightly. "Oh, Alexa show Niall to the restroom upstairs please." She said not even looking at me. She continued to talk to everyone else, while I led Niall upstairs. "It's the last door on the left." I said showing him. "I don't need to use the restroom, I just needed an excuse to talk to you." he said, a smile playing on his lips. I felt my cheeks start to blush, and then he rested his hands on my cheeks. "I knew there was something familiar about you, and then your mother said your name and the pieces fell together." he said still smiling. "I didn't want to meet you again looking like this." I said, my feet becoming quite interesting now. He put his hand under my chin and lifted my face up, making me look at his blue eyes. "You look beautiful no matter what you're wearing. Alexa, you're all I think about now, and I want to be with you. I want to get to know you better, and be with the girl who has a beautiful smile." When he said this, I of course smiled. He leaned in, and was about to kiss me when Lillian yelled from downstairs. "ALEXA? WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG!" I pulled away from him, and ran downstairs. "Can I get you anything?" I asked, bringing my self back to reality. "Yes, you can clean up. We are all going out, so just tell Niall we are waiting outside for him." And with that, she went outside to join everyone else. Niall came downstairs as soon as he heard the front door close. He came up to me and whispered in my ear, "I will find a way for us to be together." He then left outside, and I heard the engines of the cars come to life, as they all pulled out of the driveway. I quickly cleaned everything, putting everything in it's place, and went to my room. I pulled out my phone and saw that I Annie had texted me asking me how dinner went.