Time to Start Healing

Once they all entered the Tardis, the Doctor had rushed Amora to the infirmary; Rose had decided to call her mum to tell her about all that had happened to them, but she did promise to meet up with them once she was done. Amora yelled excuses to the Doctor as he pulled her along, the Timelord matching her tone as he told her all the reasons why they had to go. 

Once they got to the infirmary, the Doctor quickly gave Amora the room to change out of her outfit though his ears did burn bright red when she made a passing comment about not caring if he stayed as she changed. Amora changed into the hospital gown that the Doctor gave her, rubbing her fingers at the material before calling the Doctor back into the room. 

"You do know that you don't have to do all of this?" she says to him as she motions over the room and the various machinery around them before sitting on the infirmary cot with a thump. "I can just heal myself." she bluffed, crossing her arms with false confidence. 

"Amora." The Doctor said curtly before taking a couple steps closer to her, Amora averted her eyes at his tone. "I know enough about your species to know that you can't heal yourself from this amount of damage." he said before pulling a chair over so that they were at eye level. 

Amora wanted to protest further but she knew it would be hopeless as her injuries were still very obviously there, being shown by every hiss and subtle moan of pain that would escape her lips that she knew he noticed. 

The Doctor had also noticed that she couldn't even heal the cut that was right above her eyebrow and that her words were a bit slurred because of the pain. He even believed that she would pass out and may possibly put herself into a coma if she were to even attempt to heal all her wounds with the very little energy she had left. "You don't have to pretend that you're fine." he told her, noticing the way she subconsciously tried to straighten her posture.  

Amanda could feel her body twitch, but she just kept quiet as the Doctor got up from his seat and rolled over some of the machines over to her cot. He took a few X-rays of the brunette, along with running a couple of tests to see the full internal damage. Once he got the results from everything, he couldn't dare look at her and instead looked away in shame as he hid the results from her. It was a miracle she was still moving and not withering in pain or at the very least her death bed, she had broken multiple ribs, had some internal bleeding in her stomach, and the wound on her side had reopened; he didn't know how no one had noticed, how he didn't notice and that killed him. 

"Don't blame yourself for my injuries Doc." Amora told him, noticing that the man's behavior. If she just took enough deep breathes like they showed her in training and perhaps some time in her pond then it would probably all be alright, it would calm her body enough for the healing process to start again. It had to. "I did what I had to do to protect everyone, I'm used to it. I'm going to be okay." she said reassuringly to the Timelord. 

The Doctor continued being silent, focusing on healing her wounds instead of responding back to her comment though it was obvious by the big frown on his face that he did not like what she said to him. His frown grew even sadder when the brunette tried to make him laugh with a joke from her planet but instead went into a heavy coughing streak. He had quickly gotten up and gave her a cup of water, to which she took with much appreciation. Once she finished, they stayed in silence for a few more minutes as the Doctor began administering aid to her ribs. 

"Do you wanna know the true story as to why my mother named me Amora?" she asked him after taking a moment to let the ointment that the Doctor had used on her to soak into her side. 

The Doctor looked up at her from his seating position and she smiled gently at him, giving him a reassuring nod to join her on the cot. She patted the spot next to her and he slowly sat down, grabbing a hold of her covered hand.