Chapter 5.

Lydia Quinn.•*

I sit on the floor with my back against the door, as I watch from the little window that I have in my door that he has left.

I enjoyed a lot our conversation and the time we had together, I needed that walk, that conversation, that view. It was really something that relaxed me.

I want more than anything for Grey to open up to me, but he doesn't. I get that he's isn't a person that wants to open up, [I used to be like this, too.]
But I really want to help.

I look at the clock in my living room and see that its almost two in the morning.

I get up and go to the couch, I put on some movie in the background and start doing some tasks for Monday.

I have two tasks to do. The one i'll do it know, cause I can't sleep, and the second one i'll do it tomorrow.

I'm done, I look at the clock and its four in the morning. I've been on this assignment for two hours now. My brain hurts, I want and I need to rest.

So I take all the work in the desk in my room, and close the Tv. I put on some more comfortable clothes and close all the lights.

-

I wake up by the sound of the alarm clock, as I put every Sunday, because I want to be up around ten in the morning, to do the house chores and go maybe for a walk.

I get up, cupping my face while I yawn, I get up and go to the bathroom, brush my teeth and then go to take a shower.

Morning showers aren't my favourite, but it's really refreshing and relaxing to do a bath in the morning. But I still prefer the night.

Once I'm done, I get dressed up, and then check my phone. I see a text from Iris.

"I'm sick." She texted me, "Really? Do you want me to come and take care of you?" I reply to her and a minute later she replies, "No you don't have to. My mom is here for a few days, so I'm okay. Thank you though." She replies and I just send her a get well soon with a heart emoji.

I go to the kitchen and make myself some breakfast, I've decided to do pancakes with chocolate chips today.

I hear my phone ring and I pick it up, "Yes?" I say, it's not a number I have as contact so I don't know who is it. "Lydia?" A voice says and I'm completely taken back.

Why is he calling me.

"What do you want?" I ask, my voice shaky with anger. "I'm your father, don't I deserve a hello at least?" He says, and chuckles.

"Shut up, and tell me what the hell you want." I say, my voice becoming more and more angry at each word he says. "You know, I have some troubles." He says and I touch my forehead.

I'm tired of his troubles.

"Of course you do." I reply, and sigh heavily. "I'm not going to give you anything. Nothing. Do you hear me? I'm not your bank. I'm your fucking daughter. If you ever call me again, I'll call the police and give you out." And with that I close the phone.

I drop my fork on the plate, making it make a loud noise and I swallow hardly as I beg myself not to cry. I thought I was out of this when I left my house when I was eighteen.

[ flashback ]

"Dad?" I ask, my voice weak, as I see him on the floor fainted.

"Dad, wake up!" I yell but nothing. He's still on the floor unconscious.

Its the first time I've seen him like this. I'm scared. I don't want to lose him. He's my dad. I don't want to be left without a father.