Chapter 17.

Greyson Vinson*•.

She's sleeping peacefully in my arms, and my heart is more relaxed and wrapped in love that it has ever been.

She's healing the parts inside me that she didn't even break.

I look at her beautiful face, as she has her face in my chest, her hands wrapped around my waist, as I caress her hair softly.

Its been about an hour since she fell asleep, but I can't seem to fall asleep.

I've been thinking about a lot of things. Thoughts are always attacking me at night. Its like they know when I really need to rest, and they decide to stop
me from that plan.

"My sister would have loved you," I whisper. Smiling sadly at the thought of Emma. "I would love for you to meet her. I think you both would become really close. You both have the most caring heart I've ever met."

She can't hear me. I know that. But I'm still saying it as if she does.

"And I really love you, Lydia." I continue. I look at the ceiling, and my hand goes to her back, rubbing her gently. "You made the world a better place for
me. I don't think I would be able to see any sort of light in my life if I didn't had you by my side."

My heart softens whenever Lydia is around. I'll do just about anything just to see her smile.

"Thank you for being you. Thank you for being patient with me. For showing me love. Thank you for showing a part of myself that I thought I lost a long time ago." I think my eyes let some tears fall.

I smile as I turn and look at her.

"Goodnight, beautiful." I whisper softly. I lean down and I kiss her forehead.

-

( a week later. Lydia's birthday )

I knock at her door. Slowly taking breaths, as I'm fixing the bouquet i'm holding in my hands, so it can be perfect.

Just like her.

The door opens, revealing Lydia in a beautiful short dark green dress. Making her stunning green eyes stand out even more.

She's absolutely breathtaking.

"Hi." I say, nervously, and she smiles as she seems me. "Hi." She says back, and gives me space so I can get inside the house.

I slowly make my way towards her kitchen, and she follows behind me. I let the bouquet of red roses in the counter carefully and I turn and look at her.

I bring her close to me, and I kiss her. Softly and deeply. Feeling her hands on me, as she's kissing me.

"Happy birthday to my girl." I say, as I pull away. That makes her blush. I absolutely love that. "Thank you." She says, smiling and resting her forehead in mine.

"I know that its a small gift," I say, opening my eyes, and pulling my forehead back so I can get the bouquet. "But-" I don't get to finish my sentence when Lydia wraps her hands around my neck and attacks me with a kiss.

I kiss her back, and she smiles against my lips. I smile as well. Like a fucking idiot.

She breaths, pulling away and taking the flowers in her hands. "Those are perfect."

I smile at her words. "Just like you."

And she looks down, smelling the roses, and her smile is so big and gorgeous. Her smile is my absolute favourite thing about her.

A smile that can anyone smile.

"I love green on you." I whisper, as I title my head, looking her more closely. She looks up at me, and nods. "I know."