Chapter 9.

Greyson Vinson*.

I open my eyes slowly, and I look around to try to understand where I am. I look at left and see Lydia here. A breath of relief leaves out of me.

I didn't mean to be so awful today. But my parents managed to ruin that. They called me a hour before Lydia would come over, that they would come and visit me for some reason. Its their first time that they actually decided to come here and see what is going on with me. I don't want them here. Not now. Not now that my life starts to get a little bit better, not now that Lydia's is in it.

They have caused most of my pain, and then coming here in the next week and a half caused me to completely break down. And I hate that I had to cry, in front of Lydia. But she comforted me in the best way possible, she was so gentle with her touch and her words that I was so safe that I fell asleep in her arms.

I love her hugs. They are so fucking comforting. I wish I could hug her all the time.

"Lyds," I say, as I look up at her, and she's already looking at me. "Are you okay?" She immediately asks, and I give her a weak and a sad smile. "I am now that you're with me." I say, and her eyes open more at my words.

"You've been sleeping for a hour," She says, and touches my cheeks while I close my eyes, feeling her skin against mine. And her touch feels so good. So good.

"Yeah?" I ask, and she nods, laughing slightly. I break free from her, and we sit besides each other on the floor. Our shoulders touching. I take her hand, and intertwine my fingers with hers.

"Do you what to tell me what upset you?" She asks, her voice quiet as a whisper. I look at her eyes, deeply focusing on them. And she has her head titled, waiting for me to say a response.

But I can't seem to get any.

I wish I could. I really do. But I don't want her to see the bad version of myself. The one that cries when something reminds him of his sister, the one that cries every time he remembers his parents, and what they used to do to him.

She doesn't deserve that.

I rub with my thumb her hand, and there's a silence between us. I'm trying to find my best way to take breaths, to not lose concentration from her eyes.

"Don't push yourself," She says, moving her hands more up to my arms, slowly caressing them. "Tell me when you're ready."

I love that she's has so many patience with me. I love that she would wait as much as I wanted, not pressuring me into telling her what's really going on.

I rest my head on her shoulder, as I low my self more down so I can be at her shoulder height.

-

Me and Lydia decided to let the project go for a few hours, and its been two hours and we're sitting on my couch, across each other as she has her legs bent in front of her, as she rests in her arms her head there.

"I'm not trying to be a jerk," I say, as I laugh, and she rolls her eyes playfully. "Yes you are!" She says back, causing me to laugh even more. "Just because I don't like cartoons, doesn't mean I'm a jerk." She gives me an attitude look, and I look away, I look back again and find her staring at me.

"You liar." She says, her eyes squeezed while she shakes her head. "You love cartoons."

"I'm not." I say, shaking my head back at her. "You so are!" She says and throws her arms in the air.

"Does it not hurt you?" She asks, a minute or two later, and I look at her confused, trying to figure out what kind of thing she means.