Chapter 12

𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐋 𝐕 𝐄

——————— 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀

———————
𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀

Fifteen minutes pass by and I walk into the library. It's feels like i've been walking for almost an hour! I should've just drove my moms car over here.

"Hi Maurice." I grin walking up to the counter. "Hello, Aurelia. Night reading?" She smirks, "Yeah." I lightly chuckle leaving the counter. I walk around the library looking for a book to read. I finished the Shatter Me series and now I'm interested in that genre way more than romance.

It varies from time to time but right now i'm feeling like reading an adventure/mystery/ thriller type of book.

"Yo." I turn my head to the side to see Leon striding towards me. "Hi?" That came out more as a question than a greeting. "You like to read?" I cross my arms over my chest, "Duh." He spreads his arms out faking his enthusiasm and I laugh.

"What're you doing here?" Right on right on que, a little girl runs up to him, "I want this one, I want this one!" She raises the book above her head showing Leon the cover — The Princess and the Frog.

"Alright." He picks up the book from her grasp. Leon turns to me, "This my little sister, Laila." He smiles proudly. I stoop down to her height, "Hi Laila. I'm Aurelia." I say and she stares at me in awe. She glanced up at her brother then focused her attention back on me, "Can I tell you a secret?" She says and I hum nodding eagerly.

She leans in close and cupped her small hands on my ear, "You're so pretty!" She cheers and my heart warms.

"Thank you, beautiful!" I say and she grins widely. "She called me beautiful." She glanced up at Leon who nodded his head with a smile.

I stood up to my full height, "How old is she?" I ask leaning on the bookshelf. "She's 6." He responds and I give him a nod.

I turn back to the bookshelf in search for an interesting book. "Hey, so I was wondering.." He said scratching the back of his neck. "Mhm." I hum picking up a book from the shelf, "If you donated to go on a date with me."

I ultimately freeze at the word that just came outta his mouth. A date? With me? "You want to go on a date with me?" I said trying to not appear shocked while faking my confidence.

"Yes. I want us to get to know each other more." He smiles, "Only if that's what you want."

"Uhm, okay sure." I shrug giving him a kind smile. "Where do you want to go?" He questions.

"Where do I want to go?" I repeat and he nods, "You're the one who wants to take me out so I'm pretty sure you handle all the details." I tell him with a lil sass and he chuckles, "Yea, you're right."

"What's your number?" He pulls out his phone. I give it to him and I watch as he saves my contact number. "I'll catch you soon." He salutes grabbing onto his sisters hand and grins while walking away.

My first date.

I don't think it's processed in my brain as of yet.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

My girl is going on her first date, how y'all feelin ab it?? 🌚