Chapter 10 - Janine POV

After a large breakfast where the group discussed the progress made so far and  opinions of the books, they took their seats. They were preparing themselves to get through as many chapters as they could before breaking again for the night. Janine reached out and took the book but before she could begin to read Tatiana stopped her, first taking the chance to apologize on behalf of the Moroi and for her being oblivious to the behavior and well-being of all the people. Stating that she lost sight that as Queen she was supposed to ensure the health and well being of all of her people but got lost in the politics and was led astray, benefiting only the lives of her fellow Royals. She promised that she will work closer with Head Guardian Croft in order to attempt to find a solution. The guardians thanked her as a whole to which Tatiana tried to regain her composure and nodded for Janine to begin.

"EXCUSE ME, MR NAGY? I CAN'T really concentrate with Lissa and Rose passing notes over there." Mia was attempting to distract attention from herself

"Oh this bitch is just asking to get hit" Abe growled.

—as well as from her inability to answer Mr. Nagy's question—and it was ruining what had otherwise been a promising day. A few of the fox rumors still circulated, but most people wanted to talk about Christian attacking Ralf. I still hadn't cleared Christian of the fox incident—I was pretty sure he was psycho enough to have done it as some crazy sign of affection for Lissa

Christian almost laughed at the irony of Rose suggesting he is psychotic enough to have done something like this when she herself would be the more capable.

—but whatever his motives, he had shifted the attention off her, just as he'd said. Mr. Nagy legendary for his ability to humiliate students by reading notes aloud homed in on us like a missile. He snatched the note away, and the excited class settled in for a full reading. I swallowed my groan, trying to look as blank and unconcerned as possible. Beside me, Lissa looked like she wanted to die.

Alberta shook her head and wondered what will happen while Dimitri thought back to all the times he has seen it happen, uncomfortable at feeling angry at the idea of it happening to Rose. What is wrong with me?

"My, my," he said, looking the note over. "If only students would write this much in their essays. One of you has considerably worse writing than the other, so forgive me if I get anything wrong here." He cleared his throat. "'So, I saw J last night,' begins the person with bad handwriting, to which the response is, 'What happened,' followed by no fewer than five question marks. Understandable, since sometimes one—let alone four—just won't get the point across, eh?"

Christian laughed at the thought of the teacher trying to read what must be in this note. He knew the habit the teacher had of trying to embarrass students enough to not attempt passing notes in his class. Alberta was shuddering at the thoughts of what is contained in the note, the reactions of Rose and Lissa to the embarrassment and possible fallout if Dimitri hadn't followed procedures for Rose breaking her probation.

The class laughed, and I noticed Mia throwing me a particularly mean smile. 

"The first speaker responds: 'What do you think happened? We hooked up in one of the empty lounges.'" Mr. Nagy glanced up after hearing some more giggles in the room. His British accent only added to the hilarity. "May I assume by this reaction that the use of 'hook up' pertains to the more recent, shall we say, carnal application of the term than the tamer one I grew up with?"

"Poor Mr Nagy" Alberta said shaking her head, commenting that he just lost his class and trying not to laugh herself. Christian was already laughing, along with Abe. While upset at his daughter being humiliated, he could see the funny side too. He mentioned that the teacher lost the class as soon as he started reading a note from Rose. Kirova huffed like a child and Dimitri tensed at possible ramifications of his actions.