Chapter 21 - Dimitri POV cont

Dimitri continued reading as instructed but found sitting increasingly uncomfortable. Thankfully Abe is not trying to kill him, though the same could not be said for Janine. He was not looking forward to what may happen. Yet at the same time thrilled to be the one introducing his Roza to her sexual side, being her first and (in his dreams), her only.

I'D NEVER BEEN COMPLETELY NAKED around a guy before. It scared the hell out of me—even though it excited me, too. Lying on the covers, we clung to each other and kept kissing—and kissing and kissing and kissing. His hands and lips took possession of my body, and every touch was like fire on my skin.

The room was finding that their breathing was being affected again as Dimitri read, concerned over how steamy this may get. Thoughts also centered on what Rose's reaction would be when she discovered she was not truly in control of herself. Would Lissa be safe in the meantime? What would the repercussions be for them if they are caught etc?

After yearning for him for so long, I could barely believe this was happening. And while the physical stuff felt great, I also just liked being close to him. I liked the way he looked at me, like I was the sexiest, most wonderful thing in the world. I liked the way he would say my name in Russian, murmured like a prayer: Roza, Roza... 

And somewhere, somewhere in all of this, was that same urging voice that had driven me up to his room, a voice that didn't sound like my own but that I was powerless to ignore. Stay with him, stay with him. Don't think about anything else except him. Keep touching him. Forget about everything else.

Christian squirmed, suddenly feeling uncomfortable at hearing any of this. He wasn't turned on, his face showed anything but desire. Abe almost laughed when Christian realized, the boy felt repulsed and dirty. Oh God. I think of Rose as a sister.

I listened—not that I really needed any extra convincing. The burning in his eyes told me he wanted to do a lot more than we were, but he took things slow, maybe because he knew I was nervous. His pajama pants stayed on.

Abe almost growled at him until the rest of that was read, grateful that despite Dimitri's age and the obvious desire he has for his daughter, he is letting her lead in this.

At one point, I shifted so that I hovered over him, my hair hanging around him. He tilted his head slightly, and I just barely caught sight of the back of his neck. I brushed my fingertips over the six tiny marks tattooed there. "Did you really kill six Strigoi?" He nodded. "Wow."

"Interesting time to be having that sort of conversation" Christian noted aloud. Alberta and Abe looked at each other, more amazed that he was letting her touch them. Abe knew how intimate that action was from his encounters with Janine. Alberta had only ever let one person touch hers; in many ways she felt that action was even more intimate than the act of sex itself. A touch that held all the words the heart felt, it said: I am grateful that you are still here, with me.

He brought my own neck down to his mouth and kissed me. His teeth gently grazed my skin, different from a vampire but every bit as thrilling. "Don't worry. You'll have a lot more than me someday."

Abe and all the guardians seemed really sad at that thought and hoped it would be extremely far away. Dimitri was sad about that too and hoped she wouldn't for a very long time, he felt like he should be protecting her.

"Do you feel guilty about it?"

"Hmm?"

"Killing them. You said in the van that it was the right thing to do, but it still bothers you. It's why you go to church, isn't it? I see you there, but you aren't really into the services."