6: PHAYU

Ever since that little brat, Varain winked at him, he couldn't think of anything else. It was a whole new side of the boy that was driving him crazy.

Well, if truth be told, he still couldn't get 'Rain' out of his head either.

Sexy, sensual Rain. Everything about him that night had fired his attraction but also his protective instincts.

Discovering that Rain had been literally sitting under his nose the whole time, made him do things that went against his better judgment...like calling on him in class and going to watch him dance at the club.

Even though he already knew it was highly inappropriate for a teacher to be interested in a student, he couldn't help himself. He had hoped that watching him perform on that stage would override the memory of the shy, inexperienced boy who was so responsive in his arms.

But seeing him up there, so sexy and so confident only made him want to see him again. Somehow, he found himself back there a couple of days later on Saturday.

He planned on slipping in and out quickly, but P'Mhok, the Club Manager who he had known for a while through Khun Pakin spotted him. He had come over to chat while he was watching Rain perform.

Phayu had given in to his curiosity and asked about the boy, knowing that it was not a smart thing to do, but unable to stop the questions from coming out.

But being there only reinforced the impossibility of the situation, that he could never pursue Rain while he was his student.

His 'brilliant' plan after all that was to go back to class and pretend that he didn't know Varain and Rain were one and the same when that boy had decided to stop hiding and winked at him!!

His brain had melted.

He had no idea how long he stood there like an idiot, but since no alarms were raised by any students, he could only hope that he had recovered fast.

And then...

At the next class, his "shy" boy had made a show of stripping off his hoodie and then had the audacity to flash his belly at him!

How was he supposed to keep lecturing on heart disease and cardiovascular systems when the boy was trying to give him a heart attack?

THE BRAT! Phayu knew that he was deliberately reminding him of that night.

But why? Why show himself all of a sudden?

Why was he trying to unnerve him in class??

Was he flirting with him...?

No, that didn't seem right either... he wouldn't have waited two weeks if that was the case. Now knowing that he had a bold side, he probably would have been more direct if he intended to flirt, like some of the other students in class. 

More likely, the boy was trying to embarrass him in front of everyone, Phayu thought, his anger flaring.

Thank god there were only two weeks left in the semester. Then they would no longer be teacher and student and he could do whatever he wanted!

Wait....where had that thought come from?? What did he want from Varain/Rain?

For certain the boy was interesting. He had so many sides to him....the confident and sexy dancer, the inexperienced boy who had come apart in his arms, and now the bratty, bold med student.

He was definitely intrigued but could never cross the line as his teacher.

But once this semester was over, his one-year stint as an adjunct professor would be finished. He had taken on this teaching job quite unwillingly but had come to really enjoy it.