Chapter 1: New enemy

Empty.

Completely empty.

No sound, nothing in Error's Anti-void. Error was sitting in his bean bag while eating some chocolate while waiting for ink. He and Ink have been hanging out with each other more than usual after the truce. Lately, he's been getting a warm feeling in his soul whenever he's around him but he brushes it off. He looked around, wondering why it's taking Ink forever to come here. "He's late, as usual...." Error grunts. He peacefully eats his chocolate until he hears small footsteps coming towards him. He doesn't turn around, believing it was Ink trying to surprise him. He began to speak, since the footsteps stops near his bean bag. "Do you know how long I've been-". Before he could finish his sentence, ice cold water fell all over him, making him jump from his bean bag. "WHAT THE FUCK INK-", he stops himself and looks at the stranger looking right at him. He identified this stranger as a female. He took a close look at her, a grey skeleton with a sinister smile, wearing a blue beanie over her skull. Her eyes, 2 black holes with blue and red pupils with a yellow border looking straight at him, with strings like his but red, yellow and blue, running down both her cheeks. She was wearing almost similar clothes like him, but sleeveless with a white waist around her lower body and wearing big, fingerless black gloves that nearly reaches her shoulder, ending with yellow borders. Error identifies this strange, with curiosity and with anger. "An invader in MY Anti-void? How interesting...". He summons strings from his eyes and prepares to battle. "May I know your name before I rip you to shreds?". She steps back and pulls her multicolor strings from her eyes, "Name's Iris and you'll be the one dying at my hands today and will take your title as destroyer...". Error strikes first, having his strings wrap around her and thrown to the floor HARD. Error looks at her with pity, believing he already won. "Now that was just sad...". He proceeded to lift her up in the cocoon he trapped her in but before even lifting her from the ground, she struck him with red magic, sending him tumbling backwards. He lands in his bean bag and prepares to struck her again until he heard a portal open. Ink stepped through, with excitement in his eyes. "Hey error! Sorry for being late, how are you pal???". Error looks at him and proceeded to point his finger towards Iris. "This b!tch is bothering me and I could use some help!!". Ink looks at the direction he's pointing at but sees nothing there. "Who??", Ink asks in confusion. Error looks back, wondering where she has gone. "I swear I just- Nevermind, wanna watch Under novela???", sitting on the bean bag, patting next to him. "Sure!", Ink exclaims as he walks toward him. He sits next to him, and watches at the screen he has summon. Both stay quiet while watching Under novela, not knowing someone was watching them. Through a screen, Iris sees both Error and Ink watching that ridiculous show, while wondering what to do next. Iris notices Error's faint yellow blush when Ink fell asleep on his shoulder. Her white smile grew wider, with her eyes gleaming with evil in them. "Well, well, well.... It seems Error has a little crush on the guardian of Au's. How helpful...", She closes the screen and proceeds to pull up her book. She writes down her new discoveries on Error's page, grinning to herself. "Hmmm....", Iris flips through the pages on what she has collected over the past few centuries. She flips through the pages until she lands on a specific page, Nightmare's page. "Now let's see, Nightmare barely shows any weaknesses and his acidic black goop is bad news for anyone trying to kill him. Likes coffee and has 3 idiot sons, Killer, Horror, and Dust. How am I gonna take this guy down if he ever finds out I got rid of Error!?". Iris throws her book in frustration until one of the pages lands on Cross. As she looks at his sketch, she decides to find more information on this oreo royal guard. As she steps into his dead Au, she realizes he's not there anymore. "Da fuck???", Iris looks around, feeling no other presence in this empty place. "Well, time to track him down...". Iris pulls up on her screen on Cross's soul and proceeds to follow his signal. Her screen located him in another Au. "How the hell did he get into Nightmare tale...". She proceeds to open a portal and walks through it. She looks around her surroundings, shuddering from the negativity this place gives. "No wonder Nightmare live here..." She thought as she walked through the forest. After a while of walking through the forest, she looks at the giant castle standing in front of her. "Huh, Fancy..." She says in astonishment. She slips through the gate and heads towards Cross's signal. After turning a corner, she sees Cross and Nightmare sitting under a tree, reading a book together. She hides behind some bushes and gets closer to hear their conversation. "So cross, when will you tell Ink and Reaper that you're dating me???" Nightmare asks in an annoyed tone. Cross sighs and looks at him, "You know how both their opinions means to me. I don't want them to take me away from you...". Cross wraps a tentacle around him, petting it gently. Nightmare lifts his chin towards him, "I know, it's just- I want them to find out from you and not from someone else." Nightmare looks away but Cross grabs his face and looks at his turquoise eye. "Alright, I'll tell them soon, be a bit patient for me alright..." Cross leans in for a kiss and Nightmare holds him closely. After a while of kissing, they part away for air. "I love you Nightmare, you know that right?" Cross looks at him with anticipation. "I know, I love you too darling~". Both enjoy their presence and return to reading the book they were sharing. Iris hides behind the bushes, having a bloody nose from what she just saw. "Why the fuck am I still here? I have to get out!". As Iris opens a portal, she steps on a branch, alerting the unsuspecting couple and look at her direction. Iris looks back and stares at them both for a while. "Um- bye." Iris rushes thought the portal and closes it before Nightmare could grab her. Cross and Nightmare look at each other, wondering who that was. "Who do you think she is Nightmare???" Cross asks his slightly taller lover. Nightmare looks at him and back at the place where Iris stood. "I don't know..."

"But she looks familiar..."