Chapter 2: Family reunion

After Iris ran through the portal, she face planted straight to the floor. "Ow...", She puts her hand over her nose, trying to stop the bleeding. "Damnit, where did I put those tissues???". She looked everywhere in her little void, she looked under her hammock and desk until she found it in her drawing cabinet. "There it is...", She grabbed at least 3 tissues and held her head up, trying to stop the bleeding. She grabs her book and sets it on top of her drawing desk. She grabs her chocolate bar from her mini fridge and ate on her hammock. While eating her chocolate, she looks at her surroundings, feeling lonely. She looks at her book and proceeded to sketch Nightmare and Cross sitting under a tree, reading. After finishing, she drew Ink and Error sitting on Error's bean bag, watching Under novela. She puts her book beside her and grabs her doll, hugging it tightly. "Great, I'm bored". Iris summons a soul, Geno's soul for that matter. She looks at how broken his soul was, wondering how he wasn't dead yet. From time to time, she thinks of ending his life but doesn't do it. She thought of how Reaper would feel. "As much as I want to destroy his soul, I don't want to leave Reaper heartbroken...". She leaves the soul alone, making it disappear at the snap of her fingers. "Hmmm, I wonder if Error and Ink are still hanging out???" She summons a screen and sees not only Error and Ink but Cross and Reaper. It turns out the Oreo brothers are fighting. "Now this is interesting..." She sits in her hammock and watches the scene with glee.

In the anti-void~

"HOW COULD YOU FALL FOR SOMEONE LIKE HIM CROSS!? DON'T YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS HE IS!!" Cross flinched as his older brother Reaper yelled at him with disbelief. Cross has asked Ink and Reaper to meet him to talk about him and Nightmare. "BUT I LOVE HIM AND HE LOVES ME!!!" Cross yelled at his brothers. Ink walked up to him and slapped him across the face. "WAKE UP CROSS!!! ALL HE CARES ABOUT IS HIMSELF AND HE'S JUST USING YOU!!!" Ink yells with red target pupils. Cross returned the slap with both his eyes red (X!Chara doesn't exist in this story). "I HATE YOU BOTH!!!" Cross summoned a portal and ran through it. "CROSS, WE'RE NOT DONE HERE-" Reaper was cut off with Cross screaming at him with tears. "WHY CAN'T YOU FUCK OFF AND DIE SOMEWHERE ELSE!?" Cross closed the portal as Ink held his hand over his cheek where Cross slapped him. Error stayed a few meters away, knowing this isn't his business but couldn't stop feeling bad about Cross. "You shouldn't have done that..." Error mumbled under his breath. If he knows any better, Nightmare will NOT be pleased in seeing Cross cry OR hurt for that matter. Reaper looked his way, with his angry empty sockets. For a guy with no pupils, he seem to have a scary look on his face. "Why are YOU still here?" Reaper asked Error. Error looked around, trying to avoid his gaze but knew better to answer him before he gets into bigger trouble. "I live here soooo..." Reaper grunted and open a portal to Aftertale. "And off he goes to see my bro..." Error sighs as he made his way towards his bean bag. He notice that Ink hasn't left yet. Ink looks at his direction with teary eyes. Error sighs and opens his arms. Ink runs towards him, hugging him while sobbing hystericaly. "Shhh Ink, everything will work out in the end..." Ink and Error stayed in this position for a few more minutes until Ink calmed down. Ink sat next to him, feeling a bit better. "I just want Cross to understand that Nightmare is dangerous and shouldn't be around him. He's the embodiment of negativity and all he ever cared about the last few centuries was for himself." Error winced and the part "himself", knowing that's not true. He has know Nightmare for a long, long, long time and even if he is the embodiment of evil, it doesn't mean he can't feel other emotions like love. "Well Ink, you aren't totally right with what you just said." Ink looked at him with disbelief. "Of course I'm right, Nightmare cares for no one." "NO, YOU'RE WRONG, I'VE KNOWN HIM LONGER THAN YOU AND HE ISN'T WHAT YOU THINK HE IS!!!" "YES HE IS! THE ONLY REASON YOU'RE ON HIS SIDE IS BECAUSE YOU'RE JUST LIKE HIM, A SELFISH, SELF-LOATHING, SADISTIC MONSTER!!!" Error and Ink stayed where they were, both still staring at each other. Ink realize his mistake, covering his mouth already regretting what he said. Error looked away from him, hurt from what Ink said to him. "Get out..." "No Error, I didn't mean-" "GĘT ŒÜT!!!" Error uses his strings and throws Ink towards a portal. Error cover himself with his scarf, already hiding his tears. Iris looks through all of this with a smile on her face. "Such drama, definitely helpful in some way for me." She pulls out her notebook and under weaknesses, she wrote Ink down. "So Ink is your weakness. I'll make sure that he'll hurt you more than now." Iris opens a portal to Nightmare tale, in hope of finding Nightmare and make his friendship with Error falter and die. Iris knocks at the gates, waiting for someone to open it. She waits for a while until someone came towards the gate. "Uh, who are you???" Iris turns around to see a sans with black tears rolling down his cheeks. "This must be killer..." "Someone not really important to you but I would like to send Nightmare a message about what has happened to Error." Killer raises his brow and tell me to wait for him. Iris leans on the wall and waits for his return.

Killer's POV:

I walk towards Nightmare'a room, knocking on his door. Nightmare comes out of the room, steaming with anger. "Can't it wait!? My Cross is in that room crying and you trying to keep me away from him won't help with anything!" "But boss, someone's at the gate wanting to tell you something about-" Before I could finish, we heard blasts coming from the meeting room. "Damn it, what has dust and horror gotten themselves into now!?" Cross runs towards the door, behind Nightmare. "What's going on over there???" I run towards the noise, with Cross and Nightmare behind me. We see the stranger from the gate, sitting in one of the chairs in the meeting room, with Horror and Dust wrapped in strings, hanging from the ceiling. The stranger looks towards us, with a wide white smile. "Why hello there..."

"Your highness..."