【 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝟏 】

♡⁠˖⁠꒰⁠ᵕ⁠༚⁠ᵕ⁠⑅⁠꒱---------------------------------------꒰⁠⑅⁠ᵕ⁠༚⁠ᵕ⁠꒱⁠˖⁠♡

You just stared at the blue screen with a look of pure confusion and horror, not quite understanding the words the screen just said. "What?" you asked once again, still not fully comprehending the situation." run that by me again?"
You questioned while rubbing your temples as if to help you wake up from some crazy dream.

The system, whose name is Jin Xian, looked at you nervously before explaining once more.

You took a deep breath and tried not to lose it."So what you're saying is, there's a bug that's currently hiding in all the manhwas and novels I read for the last few years now and it's probably aiming to kill them all for some unkown reason?"

It hesitates before nodding slowly, "Yeah.. I guess you could put it that way"

"...And you want me to take care of it right?"

"...Y...Yes." It said awkwardly.

"And can I ask why you or whoever you work for haven't done anything about it until now?"

"We tried.." the system answered sadly, "But we just couldn't detect its exact location or even track down where it originally came from. There wasn't anything to pinpoint exactly. But then the people in charge decided that the best course of action was to let us deal with the situation ourselves while they search for another solution, so they decided to send the best world-hoppers to those worlds to try and stop it from spreading, those people are considered the best of the best, all their worlds missions were successful so far with a SSS ranking, of course only the higher ranking systems get those hosts while we low ranking ones have to look for temporary hosts with zero experience." it paused for a moment, before continuing, "So here we are."

It pouted as it said that sentence."Why do I always get stuck with the lowest rank?"

You raised an eyebrow at it." Because you're an idiot, you couldn't even get the right person to be your host, a simple task that should have been easy enough for systems of all rankings and you still failed, no wonder your rank is so low." you snapped in annoyance.

"...That... might be a tad harsh, miss..." it admitted sheepishly. it's been called a lot worse, especially recently, but it still hurt. it might be a robot but it has feelings ok?!

"So now that everything is clear, we need to start moving now! The more time we waste, the faster the bug will spread."

It was silent for a moment before you gave the cheerful Xian a small smile.

"No."

You stated with finality.

"...what?" the system replied in confusion." What do you mean no?"

"Look, as much as I want to meet the characters and go through the quests to get to the bug's location I can't, I have a life here and I'm guessing this mission of yours is gonna be pretty dangerous right?" you gave it a stern stare."So I'm sorry, but I like being alive and I'm not gonna risk it for some fantasy."

"But... but mis-" it attempted to explain, desperate to convince you, "you can't just-"it tried to speak, only to be cut off.

"This mission needs someone intelligent and dedicated, and I assure you I'm neither of these things." You continued to reason, ignoring the obvious pleading tone of your companion. You chuckled, giving the poor thing a comforting smile before continuing."tell you what, I'll pretend that all that happened today was a terrific fever dream and you'll go and look for an actual host that suits you, how about that?"

"But-!"

"Goodbye~! Have a good hunt!" you said as you grabbed it and throw it out the window and closed it shut."I wish you luck!" the room fell into silence again, only the whirring sound of the air conditioning filling the room.

You sighed in relief." Finally." you said, ready to forget the shit that just happened.

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that, my dear host." a cold voice sounded from behind you as a chill run down your spine.

'Fuck.'

♡⁠˖⁠꒰⁠ᵕ⁠༚⁠ᵕ⁠⑅⁠꒱--------------------------------------꒰⁠⑅⁠ᵕ⁠༚⁠ᵕ⁠꒱⁠˖⁠♡

Unedited (don't have time for that, I just fixed the grammar errors, I hope I didn't forget one, please tell me if you see one.)

Didn't expect to actually write a chapter after the trailer one but oh well hope you like it ❤️

I posted this on tumblr too and might post it on AO3 as well.