Chapter 28 : That Butler, Practice

By the way, I will not be sticking to the manga for this arc. Well, it will be a little different so that it can fit my main plot. 

...

That Butler, Practice

...

"Perfect! Now we have our very own Shooter!" Joker beamed down at her with an excited grin, handing her two elegant-looking guns. "I've already got a tent set up for you to train in."

Estella stared at the guns in her hands and grinned back at him. "Cool. Thank you, Joker."

"Nah, it's good that you got that skill with you. It will be a fresh act!" He caught her by surprise when he suddenly bend down to her eye level and patted her head. He straightened up with a sigh and threw her a wink. "It's good to have you as another sister. Welcome to the family!"

Estella blinked a few times at his affectionate gesture, it struck her strange. The last time she had someone doing that to her was before… her parents' deaths.

His grin was contagious enough to snap her out of her trance. "Thanks." She thanked him the second time.

"Alright! Now let's find our other two new members, I've got to get you guys settled."

Ushering her to follow, they entered the next tent.

….

"Thanks for waiting~ It's time for the new arrivals' room assignments~" Joker announced enthusiastically.

However, the said people didn't share the same enthusiasm. Dagger was the only one who returned the enthusiasm.

"Huh, Smile's not very cheerful. Smile, smile!" Joker smiled encouragingly at an exhausted Ciel who sat slouched on a crate.

Estella strolled over to Ciel the moment she joined the other newcomers. "Hey, what's with you?"

"Nothing."

Raising a raised eyebrow at him, her eyes widened at a stranger beside Sebastian. The be-spectacled tall man with neatly-combed black hair just stood there emotionlessly. It was odd- with the exception of Sebastian- to see a circus crew all dressed up so formal in a suit.

"Alright! For fairness, these are the results of a lottery."

Her attention went back to Joker.

"Smile and Star are in Tent 8." A boy stepped up beside Joker the minute that was said. Joker slapped a hand lightly on the smiling boy's back and continued. "Here's your roommate."

It'll be…tough to suddenly room with someone else. Ciel thought worriedly before glancing over at Estella who was looking back and forth at him and the smiling boy. And why with her too?!

Ciel watched her raise an arm. "Erm…why do I have to share with males?"

Joker looked surprised at her question and that was before a side of his mouth quirked up amusingly and at the same time, apologetically. "Sorry, sis. There are not enough tents to house everyone so you will have to bear with it."

Sis…?

Ciel glanced over at Estella who nodded slowly to Joker's reply.

"Black's in Tent 9."

"What?" Ciel turned his head to Joker in shock. "Seba…Black aren't rooming together with us?!"

"Hm?" Joker blinked at Ciel's outburst. "Your tent can only fit three people, Smile."