Chapter 40: Is She Okay?

Sunday, April 19th at 9:06PM at the Avengers tower in Manhattan, New York City

"Careful kid" Tony says as he helps Peter up from the bed once Cho had unhooked all the wires.

"Tell us if auntie May is okay" Morgan tells him.

"I will" Peter agrees.

"Watch your bad leg Peter. You just re-twisted it a few hours ago. I would advise a wheelchair or for Tony to carry you" Cho's advises.

"No" Peter whispers as he's already limping away.

"Slow down underoos. If you hurt yourself, you can't see May because then Cho will need to do a checkup" Tony warns him.

Peter doesn't respond but continues to walk with Tony. It doesn't take long before they're in front of Mays door.

"It's going to be ok kid" Tony assures.

Peter nods his head before opening the door. Tony continues to help him until he sits in the chair besides Mays bed.

"May....is she just sleeping?" Peter whispers.

"Yeah kid, just sleeping. The doctors put her on some pain killers and anesthesia but when she wakes up, she shouldn't be feeling the affects of the anesthesia" Tony recalls what Cho told him.

"Did she have umm surgery? What happened?" Peter asks as he scans her body only to see bandages.

"No surgery. Just a mild concussion, bruises, stitches and some small cuts. She's ok" Tony lists.

Peter nods his head before allowing his attention to be fully on May.

"I'm sorry May" Peter apologizes.

He wipes a tear that was rolling down his face. His eyes are watering but he doesn't let the rest fall. Tony doesn't say anything as he grabs a chair and sits besides Peter for support.

Peter leans into him which allows him to put his arm around Peter while he cries. Tony tries to assure Peter that Mays ok but he continues to cry.

"It's my fault. I have Parker Luck. I k-kill and hurt everyone close to me. It's my f-fault" Peter cries.

"It's not your fault kid. Ross is twisted in his head, that's not on you. Not everything that happens is your fault" Tony assures.

"The bomb was going to kill her and Happy" Peter whispers.

"What matters is that they're ok" Tony claims.

"When is she going to wake up?" Peter wonders.

"Remember Pete? She's just asleep right now. Let her rest. She'll be up soon" Tony reassures.

Peter nods his head as he looks at May, making sure she's breathing and is actually alive.

"Did you find Ross's goons?" Peter whispers.

"Some avengers are still out there looking" Tony admits.

Peter doesn't say anything else as he continues to look at May, leaning against Tony.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Sunday, April 19th at 9:50PM at the Avengers tower in Manhattan, New York City

"What happened?" Harley questions as he sees Tony carrying Peter into the room.

"He just fell asleep" Tony assures while he lays Peter back down.

"Is he ok?" Flash wonders.

"Just tired" Tony claims.

"What about May?" Ned asks.