C Rank... More or less

Shikamaru POV

A Few minutes earlier

I'm so  irritated, the plan started off great, they separated everyone how they wanted but it still wasn't enough. Although I knew I've  gotten stronger since he was assigned to this team, he knew he wasn't taken his training seriously. I was tired physically and I only had my shadows. That's fine and all but when the sun is out full force and there is no shade to help me with my shadows, and I'm in trouble. I promises if I make it back to the leaf village, I will take my training way more seriously. I'll train harder when my team trains but I won't go out of my way when they aren't. That would be a drag.i  was brought out of his thoughts by Ino.

Ino : " Hey Lazy, can you cover me for a minute, I got a plan, and this will end it for sure."

"Yeah I'll cover you for exactly 2 minutes, anything more will be a drag."

So, I decide to throw some kunai at him to distract him. Hopefully that also keeps him at bay. He deflects them. This time I stagger how I throw them, I throw one at his head then immediately another one at his ribs then wait half a second another one at his knee. This gives Ino enough time to use her family jutsu and knock the guy out.

"Wow, it actually worked, nice one blondie."

Ino at first just stares at me, I guess she don't like the nickname huh well . . . huh

"INO! behind you!

I don't have time to think. I jump up and push her out of the way. Then all of  a sudden I feel a sharp pain in my stomach, I look down and see the bandit has stabbed my stomach but luckily not super deep. We must have miss this guy, he must had been hiding. As I'm falling down I hear a scream

"SHIKAMARU!!

I look up to see Raikou charge the guy. He throws a three punch combo before the guy can react.  He threw two rights and a left. Raikou charges again, he acts like he is going to throw another right but with his left hand he throws a kunai into the guys stomach. As the guy falls down scream I see Raikou quickly slit the guys throat. That's the last thing I see before I pass out.

Timeskip a few hours

Shikamaru slowly awoke and took in his surroundings. Team Ten was sitting around the camp fire.

Shikamaru: "What happened back there"?

Raikou: "After you got stabbed, Ino was able to stop your bleeding, we bandage you up, walked a couple more miles then stop here to let you rest."

Shikamaru just replied with a hmm. He felt bad, he let his team down but not only that, they had to carry him a couple miles. He was then told that tomorrow at first light, they would head back to the village. Shikamaru was lucky. First, for the bandit that stabbed him, didn't stab him that deep. Secondly, since they were going to be an assault like team, Asuma Sensei made Ino learn the basic of medical ninjutsu. That was what probably saved them.