Chapter 45

John, Isabella, and Carlo had planned the heist carefully, and they executed it flawlessly. They had managed to retrieve the diamonds they had been hired to steal without anyone getting hurt. The trio felt proud of themselves as they made their way out of the building, walking calmly and blending in with the crowd.

Once they were out of sight, they breathed a collective sigh of relief. Isabella turned to John with a grin on her face. "We did it!" she exclaimed.

John smiled back at her. "Yeah, we did. And thanks to your help, we made it out without a scratch."

Carlo chimed in. "You two make a great team. I think we should do this again sometime."

Isabella raised an eyebrow. "Are you serious?"

Carlo laughed. "Of course, I am. You two have a special talent for this. I think we could make a lot of money working together."

John and Isabella shared a glance, and a silent understanding passed between them. They were both tired of living a life of crime, and they knew that they needed to find a way out before it was too late.

"Thanks for the offer, Carlo," John said finally, "but I think we're going to have to decline."

Carlo looked disappointed but understanding. "I get it. You two have other plans. Just know that my door is always open if you ever change your mind."

They said their goodbyes, and John and Isabella left the building, feeling a weight lifted off their shoulders. They hailed a cab and made their way back to their hotel.

Once they were in the privacy of a cab, Isabella turned to John. "What are we going to do now?"

John took her hand and pulled her close. "We'll figure it out," he said. "But for now, let's just enjoy our time here in New York."

They spent the rest of the day exploring the city, visiting museums, and trying new foods. As the sun began to set, they found themselves in Central Park. They sat on a bench, watching the people go by and talking about their hopes and dreams.

Isabella leaned her head on John's shoulder. "I never thought I'd be able to do something like this," she said softly. "I always thought I was stuck in the life my father had chosen for me."

John wrapped his arm around her. "You're not stuck anymore," he said. "You have me, and I'll help you find your way."

They sat in silence for a while, just enjoying each other's company. Then, John turned to Isabella and cupped her face in his hands. "I love you," he said.

Isabella's eyes widened in surprise, but then a smile spread across her face. "I love you too," she said.

John leaned in and kissed her softly. They stayed like that for a long time, lost in each other and in the moment.

As they pulled away, Isabella looked up at John with a sparkle in her eye. "What's next for us?" she asked.

John grinned. "I have a few ideas," he said. "But first, let's go back to your place  and see where the night takes us."

^^^

Isabella's arms were wrapped around John's neck as he held her close, their lips locked in a deep, passionate kiss. The kitchen was filled with the sound of their quickened breaths as their bodies pressed against each other.John's hands roamed over Isabella's body, caressing her back and pulling her closer to him. Isabella moaned softly into his mouth, feeling a wave of desire sweep over her. She had never felt so alive, so consumed by the passion that John stirred within her.Their kiss deepened, and Isabella's hands slid down John's chest, pulling his shirt out of his pants. John's hands moved to the hem of Isabella's shirt, pulling it over her head and tossing it aside.