Chapter 3

"Wait let me explain!" Exclaimed Makarov after another blow of broom."The kid was all alone in the mountain, he was hunting for his food and he need a better shelter than a cave"

The broom still in the air Polyussica's gaze hardened when Makarov said that. She looked at the kid behind his friend, the kid was skinnier than he should be and had some wounds that seemed to be caused by fights. She put the broom down and with a sigh, she invited the two of them into her house.

"Alright come in. But you have to stop recruiting all the misery of the world Makarov, you can't take in, every kid you see." Said the old pink-haired lady before Makarov and a reluctant Natsu came into the giant tree house.

Makarov nodded and push Natsu in with a warm smile to reassure him. The last thing that he wanted was for him to be afraid of her friend. She was what Fairy tail had closer to a doctor.
The boy was clearly scared of her, looked like his friend was worst than a dragon.

"Natsu, Polyussica isn't a bad person remember? she will only check on you and help you to get better."

Natsu winced when Makarov said that, the lady didn't look like a bad person now that she put the broom down but he was still wary. She could attack them again. He growled a little as a warning for the lady and stayed behind Makarov. He didn't trust her.

Polyussica looked at the boy with Makarov surprised, Natsu was it? The way he growled at her, reminded her of Laxus when he was still learning to control his magic. Was that kid also a dragon slayer like the blond? What was he doing alone in the mountain? And how did he get his hands on this kind of magic? It was lost for ages now.
With a more gentle smile, she put the broom away. The last thing she needed now was for the boy to be afraid of her, well more than he was already.

"Alright, Natsu I put the broom away so you can come here so I can check these wounds on your body. Don't bite me and I won't do anything to you okay?"

Natsu looked at her showing his fangs, it looked like she understood that he wasn't someone with who you mess. He slowly approached her and sat on the chair she presented him. Makarov was still there and smiling at him as if to say don't worry I'm here. It helped him to calm down.
The lady started to heal his most recent wounds, those he got when he fought for food with the animals of the mountain. Then she gave him something that looked like a fruit, it smelled really nice so Natsu ate it. It was really sweet! Okay, perhaps this woman wasn't that bad after all.

"He's a dragon slayer, right? Just like Laxus" Asked Polyussica to her friend.

While Makarov nodded Natsu gasped. There was another dragon slayer at Fairy tail! Maybe he would know where Ignir was or maybe they could form a new pack if he didn't already have one! With his father gone Natsu was all alone and this loneliness was destroying him from the inside. He was craving for another dragon's presence and interaction. Perhaps the dragon slayer of Fairy tail could help him.

"I want to meet him!" Exclaimed Natsu with stars in his eyes.

Makarov's expression fell while he was avoiding Natsu's look. Laxus was complicated to deal with these days. Sometimes he could look really lonely but he never wanted to get close to anyone even if he loved the guild. The only people that stuck with him were the Thunder God Tribe.
God bless Freed, the green-haired boy could tame his grandson when he was on the edge. Without the rune wizard's influence, Laxus' behavior could have been worse. And as much as Makarov wanted to help he knew that there would be things that he will never understand due to Laxus's particular magic.

"Yeah...Why not?" Said Makarov to Natsu who was smiling and looked really impatient. He hoped the boy wouldn't be too disappointed.

"There I'm done you can go Natsu. Just be careful with your bandage, I don't want them to be away from your body for two days, understood? So don't pick a fight!" Said Polyussica patting the boy's head.