Chapter 2

Natsu was curled up close to the campfire he just lighted. His cave wasn't as big as he first wanted but it was one he could claim as his own. Since his dad disappeared Natsu was on his own and it appeared that finding food and a good shelter every night was harder than it seemed.

At first, Natsu used to stay as close as he could to the place he woke up alone, maybe Ignir was going back after all. A week after the dragon's departure Natsu stopped waiting. If Ignir wasn't coming back then something must keep him away from him and Natsu wasn't going to let that happen. He had to find Ignir so that the two of them could be together again!

The first two months were awful. The young dragon slayer wasn't used to hunting alone and he barely remembered what made a good shelter. But that wasn't the worse, the worse of Ignir's absence was loneliness. He and his father used to be a pack but now he was all alone and he could feel that the pack he was forming with his father didn't exist anymore. Ignir told him that when little dragons became old enough they quit their first pack to look for their own. But that wasn't fair! Natsu wasn't that big yet right? He still needed his dad...

"I miss you Igneel..." Whispered for himself the young wizard.

A sudden brustling noise from a bush around his cave made the dragon slayer growl Who dare to penetrate his territory without his authorization?! HE WILL-

Oh, It was the old man again.

For a few days a small old man started to come near his cave, he was always bringing him delicious food It reminded Natsu of the offerings his dad could receive from some villagers around their lair.

Was the old man also giving offerings? But the villagers didn't come every day...

The old man started this weird routine after Natsu attacked him for trespassing his territory limits. The young wizard knew that humans weren't aware of his smell all around the area, revendicating the territory as his, but he didn't care. If the animals around knew better than coming close to his cave then the old man should know too.

Still curious about the stranger's scheme, Natsu jumped out of his cave with fangs and magic out, ready to attack if the human in front of him started anything.

" Well hello there You decided to get out of your cave it's good. I brought you something from my guild, you should like it as much as the other meals I brought." Said the old man with a big and warm smile on his face.

Natsu blushed and hissed when the old man said that. How did he know that Natsu ate all of his food?!

He didn't want to at first, Ignir warned him and told him to never accept food from strangers. But he wasn't all lucky with his hunt lately and hunger was hitting him hard.

"What do you want? Asked the young boy.

He didn't understand what the man was doing so he didn't know how to act with him. Was he an enemy that was waiting for him to let his guard down or was he a possible friend?

"I just want you to be okay kid, that's all. It's not good to stay all alone in a dark and cold cave, you know?" Answered the old man, still smiling, he was now closer to Natsu.

Yeah okay, that was weird. He attacked that guy so why would he want to help him? It must be a trap!

"I attacked you. Why would you help me?"

Ahah! See old man? You couldn't fool Natsu, Ignir's son, and fire dragon slayer!!

With a proud look, Natsu watched the human in front of him, smile. Urg. Why was he still smiling, though the slightly pissed pink-haired wizard.