Chapter 7

Seven years had passed since Natsu joined Fairy Tail. Laxus was working more than ever, sometimes alone and sometimes with the thunder tribe. Staying at the guild was becoming harder for the dragon slayer these days. His relationship with his grandfather didn't improve at all, in fact, it was worst than ever.

Each time the two of them met it ended in an argument and Laxus was tired of it. No matter how hard he tried it was pointless and seemed not enough to the old man. So he stopped trying and was now avoiding the guild master as much as he could.

Laxus you should socialize more, Laxus you shouldn't worry that much about strength, Laxus why can't you be more careful in missions? Laxus this Laxus that. He was so tired of it. The dragon slayer felt like he would never be enough for his grandfather, the expectations were too much for him.

Natsu tried to help him when he started noticing that something was wrong with him. Even if he could help Laxus to feel better, Natsu couldn't erase the feeling of not being enough that started to take its roots in the wizard's heart after his father's betrayal.

With time Laxus gave up the mission reports, if his grandfather wanted them that bad he could always come to him for them. So instead of going to the guild after his mission Laxus went home first. He knew Natsu would be waiting for him at the lake now but he wanted to put his grip down before going.

It has been a long time since he saw Natsu, the other was working when he got home last time so he didn't lose his time and went back to work. He was glad that it wasn't the case this time. On his way back Laxus heard some travelers speaking about the damage Natsu made in Argeon and Clover. Surely his grandfather would have kept Natsu at the guild for a moment to prevent him to cause any more trouble and destruction.

His suspicions were right, Natsu was waiting for him at the lake with a big smile on his face. As soon as he smelled him, the fire dragon slayer ran to his guildmate.

"Laxus, you're back!" Natsu exclaimed as he jumped into the other's arms.

With the last seven years, Laxus got plenty of time to get used to Natsu's sudden hugs so he wasn't really surprised anymore. He softly patted the other's head and sit down, a little tired after his mission.

"How was your mission? It's been so long since I saw you!"

Natsu sat next to his alpha happy to see him again after such a long time. He happily smelled the other, Laxus's smell always helped him to be at ease. The others at the guild found Natsu's smelling habit weird but the fire wizard knew Laxus understood.

"You know that anyone else would have found this really creepy, right?"

Natsu let out a humming sound to show Laxus, he understood but he didn't really care about what others could think. Now lying on the lightning wizard's lap Natsu was simply enjoying the other's presence and relaxing.

"Oh! I didn't tell you yet but Happy and I have a new team member! Her name is Lucy!" Natsu exclaimed thinking about his new teammate.

Laxus looked at Natsu suddenly interested. The fire dragon slayer was pretty picky when it came to his teammates. Sometimes he teamed up with Erza and Grey but mainly it was just Happy and him.

"Ho? Really? A new teammate, that's unusual for you. In seven years you never took any other teammate than Happy. Why this Lucy and not another wizard?" Laxus asked with a smirk, suspecting there was something else behind this new addition.

His intuitions seemed to be founded since Natsu tensed when he mentioned his doubts. Laxus snorted when the fire wizard's face became a blushing mess.

"I don't know why Freed or Mystogan?"