Chapter 14

Laxus was still running and he didn't know why. The fight was obviously over since the time Mirajane called him. Two days had passed there was no way the guild was still fighting. Did they win? Was everyone okay? It was worrying him... What if his gramps was still ill? It sounded serious when Mirajane talked about it.

When Magnolia was in sight the dragon slayer allowed himself to calm down a little. Running into the street wouldn't help him at all so he tried to lower his emotions. Since Mirajane's call his body started to cover itself with tons of scales and it wasn't stopping. It wasn't the first time he got some but it had never been this bad before.

At first, he grew dark and black claws, then his fangs grew sharper and the scales started to appear. They were yellow and looked like gold at the sun, if they weren't growing on him Laxus would have found it really beautiful. He tried to hide them with his coat but they were starting to grow on his face too so it was becoming harder.

He wanted to see Natsu or Freed. Yeah, he would have loved to see Freed right now. He would have known what to do and his presence would have helped him to calm down. But the rune wizard was on a mission with the thunder tribe and they weren't coming back before a few days if it wasn't weeks.

Natsu must have smelled him because Laxus could sense him coming closer and closer. In a hurry to find the fire wizard, he went in his direction instead of waiting for him like he usually did. Natsu jumped in his arms when he saw him and Laxus didn't bother pushing him away. He didn't know why but he needed it, he needed Natsu closer to him.

Without any hesitation, he took him to the lake where they used to hang out all the time. Natsu happily followed with a bright smile on his face. He was happy to see that the other dragon was back, especially when Gajeel was staying around their territory like that.

Once they arrived at the lake he stretched like a cat and sat on the ground waiting for his alpha to join him. Then he saw it. All the scales on Laxus's body. His arms were entirely covered of them and his chest had a high amount too. They were even starting to grow on his face. Fangs had replaced his human teeth and the dark claws on the top of his fingers seemed ready to attack anyone.

Natsu forced him to sit down with him and started hugging the lightning slayer while Laxus was checking for his injuries, growling. Someone hurted Natsu, enough for him to keep the bandage he usually hated and got away as soon as he could.

Laxus wanted to check on the guild, on his grandfather, on everyone but right now he needed to stay with Natsu. The younger slayer was his priority, he needed to keep him safe and kill whoever hurted him. When he smelled his pack member the blond growled louder. There was the smell of another dragon on Natsu, he fought with another dragon to protect their territory home.

"You did great protecting the guild Natsu." He said purring a little against his pack member. The need to keep him safe was stronger than the need to kill this other dragon so he focused on Natsu instead of going searching for the enemy.

He didn't know how the guild was but he needed to reassure Natsu. Besides if he did his best, thing that Laxus was sure of it, then it was great.

Natsu let out some kind of chirp and tried to get closer and comfier on the lap of his alpha. As if everything was normal Laxus started petting the other slayer's head while his magic was floating and roaming around them, waiting for any intruder to go wild.

"I did my best! They wanted to kidnap Lucy and Levy got taken away too. Did you know that Phantom Lord had a dragon slayer too?! I was so glad to see that we were not the last one but he attacked us... We fought hard but I won! Even if the old man helped us in the end it's still my victory, right? I protected our territory!"