006

ACT 01
SCENE VI
ROLLING...
ACTION.

"'mom, dad,
i'm home."

y/n took off her school shoes and socks. placing her socks into a basket, she headed to the kitchen where her mother was preparing dinner. she walked pass her father who was busy playing Candy Crush, a game where he spent most of his free time in.

right before she stepped foot in the kitchen, her mother's voice was heard.

"shower before you
step foot in the kitchen."

y/n pretended not to hear her words and turned around. instead of going to her washroom, she went to search for her little white fur ball— shiro.

perched at the top of his cat tower, shiro was meowing at her, as if he had been waiting for her arrival the whole day.

"little cat has been
meowing at the door
the whole day."

dad commented, turning off his phone as he approached y/n. shiro got into his prancing position, getting ready to jump onto her. it was like a daily routine for him. y/n put her hands into a hugging position. her left hand hovering on the air while the other one with her palm facing upwards at her waist area.

swiftly, shiro jumped from his cat tower and into y/n's arms. she had already discarded her bag on the ground hence it was just shiro and her in their little world.

dad patted his hands on y/n's head.

"how's your first
day of school?"

that was a hard question to answer.

"normal."

dad let out a contented sigh. deep down, y/n's father knew that she had a good day. she would usually ignore that question or reply with an 'ok'. but today, it was a 'normal'. nothing was normal for his dear daughter.

despite being his foster child and her cold attitude, he loves her whole heartedly and could never have ask for anything else. he would do everything in his power to make sure that she's living a life that she would enjoy. although y/n doesn't express her feelings well, she does in fact, love her parents. very dearly.

"work... how
was it?"

flowers blossomed in y/n father's heart. his daughter had just asked about his day at work! what a miracle!

"it was great!"

then like a waterfall, beads of tears welled up in y/n's father's eyes as he hastily wipes them away. y/n stared at her father in a questioning manner.

was the question that sentimental?

snuggling closer to shiro, y/n made her way to her couch and laid flat on it with shiro in her arms. ahh to be a cat. that's such a life to live. after a short while, y/n knew that it was high time for her to go and shower before her mother started nagging at her.

her father on the other end was beyond thrilled that his daughter had just asked something out of the box. it threw him by great, sweet surprise. showing his pure excitement to his wife, his wife swatted him off by preparing dinner and turning on her music even louder.

just at the nicest timing, dinner was ready. the conversations on the table was short and sweet. since y/n had never been the one to fully engage in conversations, the two lovebirds could tell that she was in a happy mood with her replying to their questions and adding on some remarks.

their minds had automatically clicked to an idea. it was a silly one of course. but it made the most sense of all the other possibilities.

there's a boy.