014

ACT 03.
SCENE III
ROLLING...
ACTION.

to the rest of the class, saiki kusuo had went missing.

except for y/n who knew where he was inthe back of her mind.

the poor psychic had just lost control over his power and was struggling to control it.

y/n on the other hand went to find him.

seating right against the wall, saiki was trying to hold a pair of dark blue chopsticks. he held it unsteadily with a confused expression. his eyebrows a little furrowed.

yare-yare, it best for me to go home.

his hands and body trembled uncontrollably. y/n took notice of that. saiki had yet to realise that y/n was approaching him. saiki couldn't sense her thought telepathically which led to him being unaware.

that was when she took a seat beside him.

y/n held her bento made by her mother which was wrapped in a pink hankerchief. she placed the bento down and leaned on wall as support.

"how are
you feeling?"

y/n decided to ask a simple question.

"fine."

saiki replied with words. he didn't want to take the chance to use his telepathy to convey his messages. it was too risky. he trusted y/n to an extent. it wasn't a hassle for him to communicate with her unlike the two idiots he knew.

saiki tried to control his shaking but simply couldn't. his powers were out of his control. he was basically hay wired.

y/n noticed it.

gently, y/n took his hands. it was sudden contact for the pink haired boy. he didn't know how to react to this. her hands were soft, delicate even. she was rubbing soothing circles at the back of his hands. saiki was shocked to say the least at the hand holding. but he was scared that something would happen to her because of his powers.

just a little while more.

it was odd, to hold a person's hand. it was the first ever time he allowed someone to hold his hands. it bought him some sort of comfort. as much as he hated to admit it.

"better?"

y/n asked with a little concern. saiki nodded his head in return. y/n let go of her hand and focused her attention to the bento box. she unwrapped the pink cloth and revealed her mother's hard work in making the bento.

there was a small note in it too.

really sorry i couldn't see the festival. do you best. mama is rooting for you!

y/n smiled at her mother's note. her parents were unable to go to her sports festival as they had to work and their bosses wouldn't let them take an off day. it was unfortunate. both l/ns really wanted to see their daughter run.

hence they decided to get their friend, sawako to film her as she runs on the track. sawako had been y/n mother's friends for 12 years. they were practically sisters to say the least.

y/n ate a piece of the fluffy tamagoyaki and tasted the sweet goodness. she eyed saiki's bento. it was open with the chopsticks broken.

his chopsticks broke.

the girl thought. like a lightbulb lighting up, y/n had a spare set of cutlery in her bento set, hidden under the handkerchief. she completely took the pink cloth off and brought a set of spoon and fork out.

sharing it with saiki who took it without hesitation. saiki thanked her for her kind gesture.

"i'm so tired
from the festival."

y/n complained, her legs stretched out. it had been a long time she had ran. she hadn't done any warm ups too.

me too.

saiki thought. he ate his bento in silence, hearing the girl continue to complain about the festival. it was the first time he had heard y/n speak so much. he enjoyed it.

she was expressing her emotions.

that was the first time he had ever experienced it.

"there was this boy from another class who tried to trip me."

y/n huffed. saiki noticed it too. at the end of the race, a boy from Class 2 tried to placed his foot in front of y/n so as to trip her at the last second. luckily, the boy retraced his leg.

why was that? well it was all thanks to our psychic boy, saiki kusuo.