018

ACT 04
SCENE III
ROLLING...
ACTION.

"oh my, y/n,
why didn't you
tell me that you
had a friend coming?"

y/n's mother went full on panic mode at the guest. she was beyond ecstatic that her daughter had brought over a friend. however, she only wished that the young l/n would tell her about it so she could prepare in advance.

y/n on the other hand was unbothered by it. she knew that her mother had always made extra portion for her next day's bento for school. her father was still on the way back home.

y/n's mother calmed down and approached her daughter and the psychic boy.

she decided to introduce saiki but her mother beat her to it.

"hello y/n's friend!
i'm l/n m/n. thank
you for befriending
my dear y/n. she
doesn't make friends
easily so i'm very gla--"

the over the moon mother got cut off by her daughter.

"mom... this is my
friend, saiki."

y/n was a little nervous at what her mother would spout out. her mother on the other spectrum wanted to know more of the boy and how their friendship blossomed in just a few months time.

saiki sat on the couch and waited for y/n to finish setting up the dining table. during then, her mother bombarded her with lots of questions where she found it exhausting to answer.

as they waited for the head of the family, y/n's father to reach home, hence they settled at the couch area.

"so saiki-kun,
how is y/n at school?"

y/n's eyes widened at her mother's question but said nothing about it. saiki on the other hand was reading the thoughts of y/n's mother.

ahh, y/n made a friend! i can't believe this, my dear please come home faster. this is not a dream right? i wonder how they met? are they close friends? i mean they must be right? y/n invited him over.

yare-yare, her mother might be hassle to reply to.
kusuo thought to himself. 

y/n gave him a nudge as a signal for him to answer positively.

"she does well
in school."

was all he replied. she was generally an average student. none of her grades exceptionally stood out. the woman beamed at her daughter and continued asking.

"are you two
from the same class?"

y/n and saiki nodded in unison.

"how was the
festival today?"

y/n's mother asked sweetly. y/n stayed quiet. her little cat, shiro leaped onto her lap. y/n in response stroked his chin as he meowed at her.

ahh my owner is finally back, i missed you so much.

saiki could read shiro's thoughts and his heart was warmed by it. usually the cats he meets are overbearing and cocky. this cat on the other hand, appreciated his owner and loved y/n. shiro then snuggled closer to y/n and purred at her.

mama, i went to the neighbour's house today. there was another cat there.

shiro meowed at his owner.

you seem a little tired, are you okay?

the cat meowed again in concern. y/n couldn't understand its words.

saiki wanted to pet the cat and y/n being observant, realised that saiki's intention. she placed shiro on saiki's lap. the cat looked at his owner confusingly. his owner however, gave her cat a small visible encouraging smile.

mrs l/n on the other hand, was thrilled about her daughter showing so much expressions.

saiki lightly patted shiro's body. the cat getting all comfortable on saiki's lap but preferred his owner's lap. gently, shiro used his cat paws and tapped on saiki's lap, while looking at y/n.

y/n understood what shiro wanted and moved him away from saiki's lap.

to say the least, saiki enjoyed the moment.

m/n's questions died down and decided to let them have their alone time.

"saiki-san, there's
coffee jelly in the
fridge, do you
want it?"

saiki felt that the whole world was on his side. saiki nodded and waited for y/n to return with the coffee jelly. the only reason there was coffee jelly in the fridge was due to her father. he found it on sale at a supermarket.

y/n returned with the coffee jelly and handed it over to saiki. shiro was now perched at the top of his cat tower, sleeping peacefully.

shortly after, y/n's father leaped into the room with a bright smile.

"dear, i'm home!"

y/n's mother rushed to the front door and told him about the guest. y/n's father then broke down into sobs, saying how much y/n had grown and how happy he is.

y/n on the other hand, couldn't understand why her father was crying.

the l/n family and saiki then settled down on the dining table for a fruitful dinner.

"say saiki-kun...
are you and my
daughter dating?"

y/n immediately choked on her food.