𝘞𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴

A/N: Hii loves, so I've actually been wanting to do another soulmate au again for awhile, since I had an amazing time writing the first one, so we have another one, with angst of course because I'm well me. After Lucy gets injured on the job, her shirt is ripped and a mark on her lower collarbone is one Tim never was expecting to see on anyone, especially not his former boot. Trigger warning for light mentions of blood, anxiety and depression. Enjoy darlings >3

...

How long had he been staring in the mirror looking at the mark on his lower collarbone that up until yesterday Tim Bradford was certain he was the only one with it. He never had been to care much about the soulmate thing, maybe it was due to lack of faith he even had one. He'd dated plenty of girls and woman throughout high school, and while he was in the military, hell he even got married but still not one with the matching mark, he just gave up on finding a soulmate, if he loved his partner did it matter if they were his soulmate or not? Maybe not, but no part of him loved his most recent girlfriend Ashley, he wasn't in love with Rachel, the closest he had was Isabel. But if it didn't matter he wondered why it felt so different with her? Why his heart sped up every single to he looked at her, why her smile brought him so much joy, why he cared where she was every moment of the day, why he craved her like some sort of drug. It had nothing to do with the mark, he told himself, if that were the case why was he making such a big deal over it? Did Lucy know he saw it? Did she know that by the universe's standards that she was his soulmate? Did she know that part of him didn't mind the fact that she was.

When Lucy was a kid she was amazed, and excited by the idea of having a soulmate, someone made completely perfect for her. In college she searched for her possible soulmate, and as she got older she began losing hope that she'd find her soulmate, after her failed relationship, and lack of ability to actually fall in love with any of the guys she dated, but part of her also knew that part of the reason why was due to the fact she was in love with her former TO, and had been for the last 4 years. The few kisses they shared brought her heaven, but the jealousy she felt when she saw him with another woman was utter torture. In the perfect universe Lucy wanted him to be her soulmate, or even want her even a fraction of how she wanted him. She wanted him to crave her, just as she so desperately craved him. She had no idea her soulmate had been riding next to her every day for the last 4 years.

She'd been stabbed a day ago while working the case, luckily the wound wasn't severe and only meant she had to stay in the hospital for a night, but for whatever reason she couldn't seem to stop her body from trembling the whole time, which was probably more from the anxiety being in a hospital gave her. When the nurse came in she was only relieved knowing this meant she got to go home. "Alright Mrs Chen, you're free to go home, however you need to rest for a few days, we can't have you pulling your stitches. We called your boyfriend, he's on his way." She told Lucy, which kinda puzzled her at first. She was a single loser, who's parents wouldn't speak to her, what boyfriend were they talking about? Oh right they meant Tim, he was the emergency contact, that made sense. "Alright, I understand. Can I have my phone back please?" She asked knowing her belongings were still bagged. "Of course honey, I'll get that for you." The nurse said, before walking out, leaving Lucy alone to stare at the same plain walls she'd been staring at for hours, fidgeting with her hands as she waited, but moments later she heard someone come in, and she knew it wasn't the nurse.

Tim knew for awhile that he was set as Lucy's emergency contact, he had been confused for awhile why it was him, but he realized that she didn't really have anyone else. She was an only child, her parents refused to speak to her, and her best friend was dead, of course this still left Tamara but she was newly 18. Tim spent most of the night with Lucy anyway, knowing the brunette couldn't stand hospitals. It was around dawn when he went home to feed and walk Kojo, and he also made sure to stop by her apartment to get her clothes before going to pick her up. He tried his hardest to ignore what he saw yesterday when the paramedics cut her shirt yesterday, how the mark that was relived was identical to his own, how he hadn't been able to relax since. He knew he had feeling for her, he was stubborn, but not so much that he couldn't admit to himself he was in love with her, but he felt something else too, and that was panic. He'd never expected to have a soulmate, he didn't think it mattered much, and now he suddenly had one? She'd been his soulmate all along and yet he couldn't have her, how was that fate? It was wrong for his soulmate to be the one woman that the their jobs told them they couldn't be together, how was that written in the stars? Was what he wondered to himself as he drove over to the hospital. Should he even bring it up? That was another question he didn't have the answer for. So instead her just pushed down the questions he didn't have the answer for and walked in to his possible soulmate's hospital room,