𝟎.𝟑 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟏

"DO WHAT YOU MUST. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED."

A black blob warned Cross before he disappeared without a trance. Cross hid behind the giant boxes before inspecting the setting of the AU.

"Is this the surface?" Cross asked himself as he slowly peaked his head out of the boxes. He tried to create the hack knife so he could begin on his mission but failed since nothing appeared. "It's pointless. . ." Cross checked his hand, mentally cursing at himself that knocking out XChara would have also been a bad thing. "I can't use the hack if Chara is not awake," he sighed, "I guess I'll work for Nightmare for the meantime. . ."

"Oh! Is that Sans?" A voice chirped as someone spotted the fluffy asshole. A human who resembled a certain [hair color] and a tall skeleton wearing an orange hoodie approached Cross. "WELL, WELL. TAKING A BREAK ON YOUR WORK SHIFT, LITTLE BRO?" The orange skeleton asked with a hit of teasing in his tone, surprised to see his 'brother' taking a break.

Cross looked up to see none other than the alternate versions of [Name] (surprisingly) and Papyrus. His eyes widened as a comical sound effect was created, expressing his shock to see them and shock to find out that he was caught red handed.

"Didn't you say that Sans was blue? This skeleton is just in monotone colors," the more carefree (swapped) version of [Name] noticed. They were one the search to meet Chara's friends, and Sans was next on their list.

"KID, THAT ISN'T SANS," the alternate version of Papyrus told them. "HEH, SORRY," he faced Cross to apologize to him. "WE MISTOOK YOU FOR MY BROTHER. . . YOU LOOK A LITTLE BIT LIKE HIM. "

As Cross views the two in front of him, a vision of them flashes into his mind. The Papyrus from his world replaced the orange hooded Papyrus, smiling down at Cross. And the [Name] from his universe replaced the slightly swapped version of [Name], who also smiled down at Cross (dude is like 5'0 but I shouldn't be talking-). He backed away slowly, causing this version of [Name] to look at him with a slightly weirded out expression.

"You never mentioned a monster who looks like him," they noted. "I thought you said you knew practically everyone."

"WELL, I'VE NEVER SEEN HIM AROUND BEFORE," Papyrus told him, facing Cross. "WHATEVER, NICE COSTUME," he complimented Cross' outfit as he lifted his cigarette, "THOUGH HALLOWEEN IS OCT-OVER BUDDY, NYEHEHEH" Swap Papyrus chuckled at his own pun, with [Name]'s face being. . . unreadable?

"Whatever, he looks tired," [Name] came closer to Cross, who was still in shock at the mere sight of them. They handed him a bag of Ebottaco's. "Want some Tacos? We bought some for my friend and this guy's little brother, but I can share some with you if you want some. You do look hungry." They sent him a small glare. "But don't eat them all."

"TACO!" Cross exclaimed, rapidly snatching the bag and shoving some tacos into his mouth, startling both Swap [Name] and Papyrus. He devoured it whole before mumbling something.

"So this is where Ink used to bring them from. . . HAHA!"

It was a moment of victory for Cross.

[Name], still startled, managed to stifle out a small laugh. "If you were hungry, why didn't you say so?" They took out a bag of sweets that they also bought from nearby. "If you want these, you can take whatever you want."

"But I'm still slightly pissed at the fact you ate my only lunch."

Cross snatched the bag away from them and quickly commenced a whole search party on the bag of sweets, trying to find a particular sweet in the bag.

Papyrus tossed his cigarette to the ground and stepped on it. "ARE YOU SURE YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW MY BROTHER SANS?" He slowly took out a bar of chocolate, perfectly aware of Cross hungry behavior. "I THINK. . . YOU COULD BE GREAT FRIENDS." He tugged the chocolate close to him, hoping the Cross wouldn't take it.