13 - Ear rock and Inosuke the flashy man

I looked over the unconscious women and went to check if they were still alive.

"Hey Nightlight!" Inosuke thought my name was stupid so he just started calling me that.

"Yeah?"

"Where's your ear rock?"

I had earrings that were the same rocks that my dad had on his headpiece. I felt to my ear and realised one of them was gone.

"Shit where'd it go?!"

"Muscle!" I looked down to see a muscle mouse with my earring. I took it and it began flexing. 

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!? IT GOT AWAY!" Inosuker yelled at Dad.

"WILL YOU SHUT UP!? YOU SHOULD BE KNEELING BEFORE ME I JUST SAVED YOUR ASS! AS WELL AS THESE POOR HUMANS!"

"He's right though, if that belt got away then there'll be more casualties." Mom said.  Dad gave a cocky smile before grabbing Zenitsu, Inosuke and I. He jumped back through the hole he created and threw us in the air.

"SHE'S RIGHT! WE NEED TO GO AFTER THAT THING!" I gained my composure and listened out for the demon, but I heard something else. The same sound of fabric being ripped, I remember the sound from the numerous times Mother had to repair my kimono.

8 years old

"Mother?"

"Yes Darling?"

I walked into the room ashamed with a huge hole in my yellow kimono, underneath which was a bruised and bleeding knee. 

"How'd this happen?"

"I was climbing a tree and fell, it got caught in the branch and ripped."

"Don't mind the kimono, I can fix that. Let me look at your knee."

She bandaged me up and ripped a piece of the same fabric my kimono was made out of to repair it. 

I heard something else, almost choking. Tanjiro. 

"THAT WAY!" Dad ran ahead and I followed him at a speed I had never run at before. 

"KEEP UP BOYS!" 

I heard the sound of a struggle, growling and the same fabric sound. I dove towards that area and in the split second I had to think, I saw Nezuko is some overpowered demon form with Tanjiro holding her back. There stood a demon that wore the same belts I had fought in the cavern. I sliced the belts that were on route to attack Nezuko and Tanjiro. I also had some help from Dad in doing so.

I crouched down in front of Nezuko and Dad did the same.

"That's a flashy way to demonise."

"When did you get here?" Tanjiro asked him as he was still struggling to contain Nezuko. Dad glared at Tanjiro and got super pissed.

"ALL THAT TALK IN FRONT OF THE MASTER AND YOU LET HER WREAK HAVOC LIKE THIS!? NO ONE SAID SHE COULD DEMONSISE SO FLASHILY!"

"Is that a word?" I mumbled.

"Thanks for coming," I heard a feminine voice behind me. I turned to see the demon but her face was half burnt off. "You're a hashira, right? I've been here waiting for you." I looked into her eyes and read the engraving. Upper moon 6. Well shit. 

"Shut up." Dad said nonchalantly. "I'm not here to waste my time on you. Get lost. After all you're no upper rank demon, not when you're that weak."

WELL DAMN YOU'VE PROBABLY KILLED US NOW!

"You're not the one I've been searching for."

"She's not?"

"No. Beat it."

"Come again? How dare you speak to-" Her neck began to rim with blood from where my sword made contact. 

"Heh." I smirked as her head fell clean off. 

"Hey, the battle here is far from over, you need to get her under control. Brats who throw temper tantrums don't belong on the battlefield."

"Yeah man can't you sing her a lullaby or something?" 

Nezuko kicked her leg to the ground and launched the both of them through the wall.

"Well there goes your boyfriend."

"He'll be right. Wait what did you say?"

After a few minutes I heard crying. We got up and the demon started complaining.

"HEY YOU DON'T GET TO WALK AWAY AFTER BEHEADING ME! HOW DARE YOU!"

"Shut your stupid mouth and die already."

"Yeah you've been nothing but unflashy, so drop dead."

"I'm gonna go check on those two, can you handle her?" 

"I dealt with you for 17 years, yeah I can handle it."

"K thanks- what's that supposed to mean?"

Dad just laughed and patted me on the head before I jumped out of the building. I saw Nezuko fast asleep next to Tanjiro.

"TANJIRO!" I ran over to them. "Is she..."

"She's fine, turns out you were right, a lullaby did help."

"Thank goodness. Are you...?"

"I'm fine."

"MONJIRO!" Inosuke ran towards us with a still sleeping Zenitsu.

"He's still asleep?"

"You three, go help Mr Uzui. I'll put Nezuko back in her box."

"Sit back, relax and leave it to me! Yours truly, Lord Inosuke will handily, and flashily."

"No he's learning."

Tanjiro ran to go put Nezuko back in her box ad we cautiously made our way back to the house.

"LOOK OUT!" An explosion went off and we ducked down to avoid it."This demon might be stronger than we thought if Dad had to set off those explosions."