CHAPTER 3

Strange Husband

        "ARE you sure you're okay, Mister? Maybe you hit your head on your way here?" I tried hiding my hysteria, but the man in front of me looked so calm.

"I did not." He uttered as his hand went to his lips, brushing it.

My lips parted when I saw the ring on his finger. It looked like the ring I wore eleven years ago!

He caught me staring at the ring on his finger. He showed his hands, implying me to focus on the ring, which I did.

"This is our wedding ring, wife," I caught him looking at my hand, which I quickly hid from my back.

I shook my head. "Wedding ring? You're mistaken, mister. I am not married to anyone." I stated icily.

He eyed me before he crossed his arms on his chest. I gulped when my eyes instantly fell from his muscles and the veins on his hands. Just by looking at his strong being arms, sigurado akong kayang-kaya niya akong buhatin at ihagis sa malayong lugar.

From his arms, lumibot ang mga mata ko sa iba pang parte ng katawan niya, partikular sa mukha niya. I swallowed as I took a sight of him. He has a pair of mystique hooded amber eyes that looks naturally sleepy. He had an aristocratic nose, and thick eyebrows, while his hair was in a brown shade faded army cut. The upper part of his bloodish lips was thin, and the lower part was thick. He also has a thin stubble around his sharp jaw. 

And the way he spokes, I could hear his thick accent. He sounds a bit American, but also European. Maybe he's in between those. His natural voice was deep, husky, sexy.

He doesn't look like a pure Filipino for me aside from his skin color, which is tan. The rest were foreign features, especially his eyes, nose, and height. I already stood up five and eight feet, but this man was taller than me. He's even taller than my male cousins, probably about 6'5 foot.

"Are you done checking me, Mon amour?" I blinked when his red lips slowly formed into a naughty grin.

My mouth was agape.

"Excuse me?! I am not checking you out, okay? Can you please leave me alone?! I don't have time for strangers like you." sita ko sa kanya na dapat ay pasigaw, pero nakakainis dahil naka-default na yata talaga ang boses ko sa mahinahong tono.

I hate to be soft-spoken!

Galit ako pero ang hinhin ng boses ko. Kahit ata sumigaw ako sa inis ay tunog malambing pa rin ang boses ko dahil mahina, pino at babaeng-babae 'yon.

His lips rose while looking at me with amusement in his eyes. He stepped closer, making me step backward, but he was too quick that he quickly snaked his strong arm to my waist, causing our bodies to collide. 

"You're so pretty even when you get annoyed, my wife. But let me introduce myself again," he surveyed my face before a sly smile curved on his lips.

My face instantly felt crimson red when his warm minty breath puffs my face.

"Zuriel Reeve Roschefort..." he trailed off as his other hand tucked some strands on the back of my ears. "Your husband."

Natulala ako at saglit na hindi nakagalaw.

"N-No! Get off me!" I went back to my normal state and pushed him with all my strength. I quickly took backward and held the doorknob of my unit. I looked at the man in front of me, who's looking at me darkly. "In your dreams!" sabi ko at mabilis na isinara ang pinto.