"A warm smile behind a cold stare." Uzi x Thad

|| OH MY GOD I WROTE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T N X V??
But in all seriousness though, this isn't a request. Due to how burnt out I have been, it gave me an idea for a Thadzi/ThUzi oneshot!
Takes after episode 2, Uzi has lately been growing distant with everyone in the colony. Including her own dad, she ignored everyone and was always so down. Thad noticed this and wanted to help, he didn't like seeing his friend like this.
You know the drill, it's FLUFFF!!! Also includes a bit of angst(maybe?)
ENJOYYY!! ||
(No need for warning or proofread)
—————————————————————
<< Thad's POV: >>

Uzi has been.. Distant lately. To me, to her own dad, to everyone in the bunker! I'm worried, why is she being like this? She disappeared for days, and I even visited her! She seemed fine!.. But then suddenly she isn't... I have to help her! I'm her friend after all! I can't stand seeing Uzi like this, what happened that caused her to be so.. Depressed?.. I was too busy in my own thoughts that I didn't notice the teacher looking at me until he called my name.

Teacher: "Thad! Are you even listening? What did I just say?"

I flinched back to reality and looked at him, then looked at my classmates. Repeat what he just said? Okay then..

Thad: "Oh uhm well.. You yelled my name, then asked if I was listening, and then asked me what you just sai-"

Teacher: "Not that! I meant what was I discussing about! What was the lesson about Thad?"

Thad: "Uhh, aren't you supposed to know? You're the teacher right?"

Teacher: "That's it! To detention after class Thad!"

Thad: "Aw dang.."

I sighed and continued listening, I don't wanna get in any more trouble. Maybe I can talk to Uzi after class, or maybe during lunch. After a while, classes were over and it was to detention I go!.. I walked to the detention room, and saw that Uzi was there. Great! Maybe I can talk to her now. I took a seat next to her.

Thad: "Hey Zi!"

I said with a slightly waving hand, she just looked at me with a monotone face and then looked back at the table with her head hanging. Strange.. Is she okay?

Thad: "Uhm, are you alright Uz?"

Still no response, I dropped my hand and just stared at her with a worried expression.

Thad: "Uzi please talk to me, don't ignore me. I just wanna know what's going on, I just wanna know if you're okay!"

Uzi: "..."

She stared back at me, her mouth slightly opened as if she was about to say something but she closed it again. She clearly didn't want to tell me something.

Uzi: "I'm fine."

Uzi muttered those words out, but when she said it it sounded forced. As if she wasn't just hoping I'd believe it, it seemed as though she wanted to believe it herself too.

Thad: "You don't... Sound fine.."

Uzi: "I said I'm fine."

She basically spit that last word out like venom, Uzi sounded angry.. Even upset... I decided to just leave it like that, I'll try and talk to her again later. Maybe if we were somewhere more private she'll open up, I know how she doesn't like to be made fun of for just having feelings. So might as well drop the conversation and just try again next time. A teacher meant to watch over us finally came in, and silence filled the room as minutes that felt like hours passed by. After what seemed like forever, we were free from detention. I went to my locker, which was a few lockers away from Uzi's, and got the stuff I needed for the next class. As I grabbed the books and notebooks required, I couldn't help but feel as though I needed to stay a little longer and wait for Uzi so I could ask her if I could talk to her later. But I knew she needed time, if anything, she probably didn't want to talk to anyone. But I just can't help but be worried, I wanted to wait. Although it looked like Uzi wasn't going to come to her locker, she probably knows I'd try to talk to her again. As the once crowded and noisy hallways quieted down, I knew I had to go to to my next class. I don't wanna get detention again..