𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

My eyebrows furrowed as the video clip ended. It was short, but it was clear something was very wrong. I rewinded the video, stopping every now and then to try and make sense of the words. It seemed as if the girl was recording a video to show to Sally as a birthday gift - but it seemed to be a practice one since Julie couldn't make it. I let the video play once more, now catching the fact that.. the girl said someone's name that doesn't live in the neighborhood. I glanced over at Wally and saw his eye twitch in anger.

"Rewind it again." He whispered eerily into my ear.

I turned back to the computer uneasily, tapping on the mouse to rewind it by ten seconds. I played the ending through again, now noticing It sounded as if the girl was saying '𝑅𝒶𝓅𝒽𝒶𝑒𝓁', but the audio was too broken up to tell.

"Wally, was there another neighbor I didn't get to meet?" I asked, removing my hands from the computer - almost scared of the flashing red screen it had paused on.

"No." He stated almost immediately, his face twisting into a smile. "I don't know how the child found someone else." He laughed, his pupils beginning to dilate.

"Sally put the child in danger, I cannot believe her! Giving them a piece of technology that could get us all ended, letting them run off with whatever the hell that thing was." Wally began to laugh maniacally, his hands traveling up to his hair and yanking.

"Wal-" I was cut off by Wally standing and walking menacingly out of the paint room.

"Wally, where are you going?" I shouted after him, jumping up and making my way to the door where I peered out.

He stopped in front of the front door, slowly turning to glance back at me. He looked at me as if he had lost his mind. There was no sign of Wally behind those eyes anymore, it was replaced by a burning rage. A burning sadness.

"Relax, darling. I won't hurt her." He whispered, turning back towards the door and placing a hand on the knob.

"I'm going to kill her."

He swung the door open violently, the sound sending a wave fear to crash into me, almost knocking me over.

'Shit.' I muttered to myself, rushing out of the hallway and accidentally tripping over the red shoes Julie gave to me. I groaned and got back up, fearing any second I lost would be Sally's last. I ran out of the door and looked around, not seeing Wally anywhere. A gasp was caught in my throat - I couldn't let him hurt Sally. I ran as fast as I could over the path and straight to Sally's house, now noticing the door had been left creaked open. I pushed through the cracked door, gasping as the scene unfolded in front of me.

Wally had Sally pushed against a wall by her shirt, her feet kicking violently in an attempt to break free.

"Wally! Put her down, we don't know the full story." I swallowed the lump of fear that had formed in my throat, trying to stay calm in an attempt to convince him to leave peacefully.

Wally turned his head over his shoulder and stared at me with one crazed eye, he had truly lost his mind.

"How can you say that? These are dead children we're talking about - Yes, Home ate them but there was always a chance to save them. That video was taken right before the first child disappeared, they hadn't been in the guest room." Wally laughed out, turning his attention back to Sally who was now crying.

"What happened to them, Sally? Enlighten me." He whispered, his pupils dilating in a threatening manner.

"I- it wasn't my fault! I didn't know they took my camera- please, believe me! I didn't know about anyone else!" She choked out, gasping as Wally blinked at one of her sun rays - taking it completely off.

"Liar."

I pounced on him, knocking him over just as he made a fatal blink at Sally. He groaned under me and I turned back to where Sally laid, praying she hadn't been hurt.

My mouth fell open in horror.

Her eyeball was missing.

Sally gasped out a sob and moved a hand to her eye, feeling around and screaming as she realized it was missing. Thick red blood spewed from her eye socket, dying her hands crimson. My eyes widened in terror as the blood dripped into large red puddles on the floor. She fell over with a thud and squirmed around, sobbing uncontrollably and begging for an end to the pain from her eye. Wally had managed to push me back and knee my side, causing me to roll over and off of him. My breath caught in my throat as the sharp pain in my side ached with my heartbeat. I felt him grab my ankle, dragging me across the floor and to the door.

I squirmed and kicked his hand, causing him to drop me and grip his hand. I backed away on the floor, crying out as my back hit the wall painfully. I glanced over to Sally, watching as she kicked the air and held both hands to her eye, trying her best to keep the blood in.

"What made you think I would EVER let someone get in the way of what's mine?" He giggled menacingly, slowly waltzing over to my limp body.

My eyes were trained on Sally, completely ignoring him as the urge to help her took over my mind. I needed to help her. Without thinking, I started to crawl over to where she laid.

"For fucks sake, darling. Don't look at her, look at me."  He cooed, towering above me as I hopelessly tried to make my way to Sally.

"Darling!" He yelled, gripping my hair and pulling my head up.

"Look."

Tears filled my eyes as pain shot through my scalp.

"at."

He pulled me up on my knees, one hand cemented into my scalp and the other grabbing my neck violently.

"Me."

He slammed his forehead into mine, sending the worst pain I've ever experienced shooting through my entire body. I started to hyperventilate as my vision blurred and unblinded, knowing I was nearing darkness. I glanced back over to Sally and felt entirely hopeless.

She was going to die if nobody helped her.

I was going to die if nobody helped me.

"You're mine." He whispered, his words echoing painfully through my brain and causing tears to fall from my eyes.

I let out one final sob as my mind blanked and my eyes succumbed to the darkness,

Knowing when I awoke, I'd have a new hell to live in.