Chapter Forty-Nine

"What?? That really happened?" I exclaimed, almost dropping my fork.

"Oh, yes! Poppy was so mad, you should've seen her face when Julie pulled out the red coat!" Wally burst out into a fit of laughter, slapping a hand on his knee.

Wally and I had woken up quite late and decided to have lunch together. We had been talking all afternoon over the Alfredo Wally expertly
cooked.

"She looked just like this," Wally said, his mouth dropping open and a look of dramatic terror on his face.

"You're so silly, Wally! What other stories do you have to tell me?" I said, smiling happily and twirling my fork in the pasta.

"Well- oh! It's already two.. seems we've been talking for hours! Here, why don't I show you where these stories happened? We can take a little stroll around the neighborhood while I do!" He said, turning his attention to his plate and blinking at the last bits of the Alfredo.

"Okay, sounds- fun! Let me just- finish." I spoke between bites, not wanting to waste any of Wally's amazing cooking.

Wally let out an amused laugh and took his own plate, reaching for mine just as I finished.

"Im the fastest eater alive." I joked, sitting back and smiling triumphantly at him.

"Certainly," Wally cooed, dumping both plates into the sink with a sigh.

I pushed my chair back but was stopped as Wally pushed it back in.

"Mm, mm, mm! That's my job, darling." He said with a wink, pulling the chair out for me.

I rolled my eyes and stood, crossing out of the kitchen and making my way towards the red shoes that sat by the door. I slipped my feet comfortably into them and glanced up, noticing Wally was now holding the door open for me. He was trying so hard to be gentleman like, and I must admit, it was rather cute.

"Ready for our adventure?" He said, holding an arm out for me to take.

I smiled and intertwined our arms, stepping out of Home with him. He shut the door and the two of us made our way onto the yellow path.

"Just right there, I remember watching Eddie and Howdy dicuss which childrens Television show was better!" Wally said, pointing a hand to the open grassy space in front of the two business'.

"Oh! And I recall Julie and Frank hosting a hoola-hoop contest just right ahead on the path." He exclaimed, leaning down and whispering, "I think they just wanted to show off their skills!"

I couldn't help but smile at how childlike Wally was when he was happy. I quite enjoyed him like this! I glanced over the houses in the upcoming distance, my eyes landing on Sally's. As if a lightbulb appeared over my head, a lost thought re-emerged from underneath my brain.

"Ah- Wally! Sorry to interrupt your stories, but I had this idea yesterday.. we need a real camera to record the message. Do you think we could ask Sally for one?" I said, turning my attention back to him and staring into his eyes pleadingly.

"Well, I don't see a problem with that! Of course." He smiled, turning his own attention to her house and speeding up his steps.

"A-and, can we ask Eddie to print some photos for us at the office? We're going to need some more photo evidence to show in the video.." I said, thinking aloud.

"Yes, yes, dear. One thing at a time though, please!" He sighed, stopping suddenly.

I looked up and realized we were already at Sally's.
I untangled our arms and made my way up the steps, knocking gently on her front door. She opened the door swiftly, a smile spreading across her cheeks when she saw me.