3.

In the books I read, the love interest doesn't always, as most people think, appear in a shining armor, riding a white horse.  Sometimes he's on the subway, or at school, at work, sometimes he's an Idol, sometimes he's just a simple guy.  It could be anyone, anywhere.

And for some reason, my brain remembers that when I ran out of school, with the excuse that I was feeling sick and I bump into a boy.

He wears a dark red jacket and a necklace with a long chain, his hair is coal black.  He hasn't said anything yet, but his eyes are so expressive that I freeze.  He's beautiful.

"Okay?" He asks and I can only nod, it seems like an eternity passes and I realize he's looking at my eye and that makes me cover it with my hand automatically. "Did something happen to you?"

"No...I just..."My heart starts to speed up, for a little while I forget about the pain in my eye.  I'm terrible at talking to people, but this time I feel a thousand times more nervous.  "I hit in a tree ..."

“Need some help?” His voice is low and his eyebrows go up a little when he speaks.

"No, no! I'm fine…I'm sorry about bumping into you."  So I took off running, my feet moving faster than I wanted them to.  As much as I really wanted to look at him one more time, I didn't want him to look at me.

  As much as I really wanted to look at him one more time, I didn't want him to look at me

I almost thought about going home, but when I looked around I was already at Oya.  I had never come alone, so a few boys threw me confused looks.  But I was so lost that I passed right by.

There was a commotion in the gym , so I waited on the roof.

I was so tired and angry, feeling completely useless that I couldn't open my mouth to speak or defend myself.  Besides embarrassing myself in front of a handsome guy.

In the midst of my lamentation, I fall asleep.

I don't know how long I've slept when I hear someone screaming.

"Hey!"

I get up so fast my head hurts, if I was bad before imagine now with my face swollen from sleeping.

"Can you explain to me why there's a random person sleeping in my school?" He's not one of the boys I've met before, he wears a headband in his messy hair and a shirt tied around his waist, even though he's wearing a jacket.

"I was waiting for one of the guys I know to show up, I need to talk to them." I finally manage to speak without stuttering, or making a fool of myself.

"Ah, let me guess, are you friends with Fujio? That boy, he makes friends wherever he goes." He said rolling his eyes.

"Yes, I know him."

"And what was that in your eye? Who hit you?" He asks sitting on the floor in front of me.

"Nobody hit me." I quickly deny. "I hit a in a tree"

He laughs like I've told the funniest joke in the world.

"What?"

"You can fool any idiot out there, but not me, girl. I know a punch when I see one."

I don't know how he could know this, but I feel ashamed.

"Who was it? If it was a guy, I can help, nobody will know it was..."

Before he finishes, I interrupt. "It wasn't a guy. There was a girl in the bathroom at my school, she had a vial with some red stuff in it, I wanted to use the bathroom and I went in, she saw me and she got mad. She didn't want me to tell anyone, then threatened me."

"You didn't fight back?" He said exaggeratedly indignant.

"What could I do? She's bigger than me!"

"I've made guys bigger than me beg for help!" He got up and kicked a glass bottle that was on the floor.  I got scared.

"I don't know...I've never fought before. And I can't go around hitting people either."  I said waving my hands irritably.

"It's not like you're going to hit old ladies on the street." He said rolling his eyes.  "You will be defending yourself."

I turned my face to the side, not knowing what to say.

"Be here tomorrow, same time." He looked at the sky for a while and I continued. "Actually, it's better a little earlier."

"Why?" I asked when he had already started to walk away.

"I'll teach you a few things about defending yourself." He turned his back, waved and walked away.

Fujio, Tsukasa and Jamuo appear after a while and I work up the courage to tell them what happened

Fujio, Tsukasa and Jamuo appear after a while and I work up the courage to tell them what happened.  Tsukasa finds some ice so I can put it on my eye and Jamuo tells me about what was inside the vial.  It's a drug called Red Rum and they're selling it in some schools, including Oya.

"Thanks for the ice. And for explaining things."

"That's what friends are for."  Fujio answers me smiling.

Friends... I'm not really used to this.

"You should go to the doctor, get an eye patch." Tsukasa said pointing to my eye.

"We should introduce her to Todoroki!" Fujio made the others laugh along with him and I was curious so I decided to ask.

"Who is Todoroki?"

"He's one of the students here. He was beaten up by Murayama and he's wearing an eye patch." Fujio explained to me between giggles, but I think he noticed my confused face. "You don't know Murayama?"

"No..."

The boys looked at each other in surprise, it was as if I were saying that I don't know the water we drink.

"Murayama is a S.W.O.R.D. legend! He became the leader of Oya after taking 100 punches and still standing!" Jamuo told me, showing me the note book, which now, thinking about it, he takes everywhere .  "He's been in battle against Doubt and the Prison Gang! He's like a superhero!"

"Wow..." I say impressed.  "And why did he and Todoroki fight?"

"Todoroki wants to be the leader of Oya, so now he's going to have to fight  with me." Fujio said pointing to himself proudly. "And he's going to take another beating."

"Fujio! Don't count victory before time!" Tsukasa scolded and Fujio made a face like a son scolded by his mother.

The two are like a puzzle piece, one completes everything that is missing in the other.  And of course, Jamuo is the younger brother that the two have to protect.  It's funny and beutiful at the same time.

"And you should be more careful." Tsukasa said to me. "If you notice something strange, walk away, unless you know how to defend yourself."

"I know. But I needed to use the bathroom, so I went in."I put the mostly melted ice on the floor. "I was always so scared, I don't know how it happened to me."

"Ah!" Jamuo exclaimed. "If you're in the company of Oya's boys, you can be sure that trouble will chase you!"