Chapter 9 You're Smarter Then You Think You Are

Chapter 9

"So, here we have 2a(5+2)+1=32b+5(3+1). We need to find out what a is with the information we have here, OK?" Logan looks up at me. I could see the hopefulness in his eyes, considering we have been at this for forty minutes already and have barely gotten past the introduction.

"This is hopeless!" I say in frustration. Were now outside at the lunch picnic tables. Logan thought that getting me out of the school would help me think. Well, that was his first mistake. Thinking that just getting me out of the school would help me. Ha. His second mistake was thinking that I could do math.

"No, you just have to focus. What do we do now?" He asks.

"I don't know," I say, looking down.

"Yes, you do," He says, putting his hand on mine, making me look up at him. I sigh, but try anyway."First, thing we need to do with equations is get the numbers out of parentheses," I say, hoping that was enough to satisfy him. He looks at me with a proud smile. Wait did I just get that right?

"See, I told you you knew!" He says happily. "Now what do we do?" Rats. I have to keep going."Which, we do by adding the numbers inside the parentheses together unless there's an unknown in the parentheses." At this point I'm astonished by my own knowledge. I didn't even know I knew that.

"Emma! That was amazing! I knew you could do it," He gives me a high five, happy with what I accomplished. I smile at him, and he smiles back. After a moment he says "Well, I think we'll call it a day," And he starts to pack up his books. Relieved that I'm done, I do the same, putting my stuff in my backpack.

"I'll walk you home", He says, standing up from the picnic table."No, thats fine." I say, but he has a different idea. "No, I insist," He says determined. I want to argue but I see the look in his stormy blue green eyes, and I know he won't change his mind.

I give in saying, "OK."

We start off down the sidewalk, towards my house and he starts to talk to me. "Sorry for how I acted to you the past few days," He says. I expect him to say why he was, but he doesn't, so I just say "That's OK, I can get that way too," I say laughing lightly and he does too. "No," He drags out the O sarcastically. I laugh again, rolling my eyes at him, and then it goes quiet. Not wanting it to be awkward I start to ask him questions. "So, how'd you get stuck with this job?" I ask him. He looks up at me with a smirk, "You mean stuck with you?" He asks, and I give him a glare, hitting him slightly with my elbow. "I'm kidding!" He says, raising his hands in defeat. I let out another slight laugh, looking down at the ground. "No, but for real. How'd do you get this job? I mean, your brand new to this school, and you're already a tutor," I say to him. "Well, even though I'm new, I somehow have the bests grades. Isnt that weird?" He smirks again, and I give him another glare. "And, I didn't plan on being your tutor, it just sort of happened, you know?" I nod at him understandingly.

 "What about you? Miss. Math is for suckers," He says referring to our tutor session earlier when I said that. I let out a laugh."How'd you end up needing tutoring sessions, huh? I mean it's clear that you know your stuff, how come you don't apply it?" He says persisting. I look back down at the ground, not wanting to answer what he asked. I look back up saying, "Here's my house. Thanks for everything. See you tomorrow!" I say quickly, running up my driveway. I didn't want to leave him so suddenly but I also didn't want to stay there. I can hear him yell back, "Ok, see you tomorrow!" He sounded confused and maybe even a little hurt, which confused me. He stood there for a second, but when I got to my window he starts to walk away. Pwh, that was close. I say to myself. I open my window and plop down on my bed, exhausted. "Ok. Day one, complete."  

Update:D:D:D!! Yay!!! Hope you guys like it!! And maybe you noticed, I added the cast!! Well all except for Logan... I don't know who he should be!!! So leave a comment who he should be!! Cause I don't know... And I know that Emily Rudd is older then Rowan Blanchard, but just picture her the same age, because I casted her what she looks like, not how old she is.

Moving on, tell me who should be Logan and what you thought of this chapter!!!

Goals!!!

10 comments

10 Votes

20 Reads!!

Vote, comment, share & follow!!!