The Most Important Questions Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A couple days went on, and everything went smoothly. Logan didn't bring up me needing a tutor, which I was thankful for. But today I was especially excited, Logan had said that today we were doing something special. Which was perfect, because I was tired of sitting at a picnic bench out in the snow for an hour everyday. But luckily its been in the upper 40's lately, which might as well be a heat wave, considering how cold it's been.

I rushed out the door, (really my window, but whatever) making sure I was on time. I didnt want to be late today. I even skipped through the halls (which is totally unlike me). Maddie, who was falling behind, ran to catch up with me.

"Why are you so happy?" She asks me, "and stop skipping!" She yanks me to a hult.

"Because," I say reaching to open my locker. "Today, Logan is taking me somewhere".

"Ooo," Maddie sing-songs. I give her a glare. "Not like that." She smirks. "He's taking me somewhere in reward for what I have accomplished," I say, also proud of what I have done.

"Okay," She says, still smirking. "So, where are you going?" She asks, changing the subject.

"I don't know yet. He says it's a surprise," I reply, also wanting to know where we're going. But no matter how many times I nagged him, he refused to answer.

"Well, okay."

"Seriously, stop with the smirk!" I exclaim.

"Okay, okay. I'm done," She says, but I can tell she's fighting the urge to continue.

"So, are things good between you too?" She asks, changing the subject once more.

"What do you mean?" I ask, not catching where she was going.

"I mean, when he first came here, you two got off on the wrong foot. I'm sure if you were ever in the same room as him alone, you probably would of attacked him," She explains what I had said to her after the problems I had had with him.

"Yeah, I mean, were not fighting, and he apologized so...", I say, trailing off.

"So your good?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"For now."

"Well then, I hope you have fun," She says, getting back to what we were first talking about.

"Thank you," I say, closing my locker. 

"But don't forget, Lizzie's birthday party is this Saturday!" She yells after me, as I start to head to my class.

"I won't!" I smile. I would never.

•~•~•~•~•~•

"Hey, you ready?" Logan asks, walking up behind me. I'm standing at my locker, putting away the books I don't need for homework. School is finally done, and I'm about to explode with excitement. I love surprises.

"Yeah, just a second," I say, putting away the last of my stuff. I close my locker and turn to him.

"Shall we"? He asks, gesturing with his hands for me to lead. I roll my eyes at him, grabbing his arm and running out of the school. I dont have time for games!

"Woah, woah. Slow down Sport," He says, breathing heavily. "You don't even know where we're going," He points out.

"Your right. So you should tell me," I say, also out of breath and hopping he would, as I stop running. And at the same time trying my best not to glare at him because of the nickname.