Chapter 14: The Proposal Plan

The Duke arrived at the Montagues' mansion and was greeted with warm hugs and welcoming smiles. Emily, the servant, could only watch from afar with a hint of jealousy in her eyes. The Duke had come with a special purpose in mind, one that would change his life forever.
"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Montague," said the Duke, bowing politely. "I have come to speak with you about a matter of great importance.""Please, have a seat, Your Grace," replied Mr. Montague, motioning towards the chairs.The Duke sat down and cleared his throat. "I have been seeing your daughter, Lady Charlotte, for some time now, and I have come to ask for your permission to propose to her."Mrs. Montague's eyes widened in surprise, and she clasped her hands together. "Oh my, that is wonderful news, Your Grace!"Mr. Montague smiled and nodded in agreement. "Indeed, it is. We have seen how much you care for our daughter, and we give you our blessing."The Duke breathed a sigh of relief and smiled. "Thank you. I have a proposal plan that I would like to discuss with you. I would like to organize a grand dance party and invite all the aristocrats in the city. During the party, I will propose to Lady Charlotte."The Montagues were delighted with the idea and agreed to help organize the party. However, they had one request. "Your Grace, would it be possible for your parents to come as well? We would love to meet them."The Duke thought for a moment before replying. "I will ask them. It would be a great honor to introduce them to you."After discussing the details of the party, the Duke left the Montagues' mansion with a heart full of excitement and anticipation. He couldn't wait to propose to the love of his life and start a new chapter in their love story.As he walked out into the garden to meet Lady Charlotte, he smiled at the thought of their future together. Little did he know, there were challenges and obstacles that they would have to face, but he was ready to face them all for the sake of their love.