Chapter 18: Preparations for the Big Day

As the wedding date approached, the couple, their families, and their friends were all busy preparing and planning for the big day. They discussed different aspects of the wedding, from the venue to the decorations to the menu and more.
Charlotte's mother, Lady Montague, was particularly invested in the wedding preparations. She had always dreamed of her daughter's wedding day and wanted it to be perfect. She spent hours poring over flower arrangements and color schemes, making sure everything was just right.Meanwhile, the Duke's mother, Mrs. Worthington, was focused on the guest list. She wanted to make sure that all of the important people in their social circle were invited, and that the seating arrangements were just so.The couple themselves were most excited about the music and the menu. They spent hours listening to different bands and sampling different dishes, trying to find the perfect combination for their special day.One afternoon, the couple and their families met up to discuss the wedding attire. Charlotte's mother had a vision of her daughter in a traditional white gown, while Mrs. Worthington suggested a more modern look. The couple themselves were torn between a classic tuxedo and a more relaxed suit.After much discussion and debate, they finally settled on a combination of both traditional and modern styles, with Charlotte in a white gown with modern touches, and the Duke in a classic tuxedo with a modern twist.As the wedding day drew nearer, everyone's excitement grew. They couldn't wait to celebrate the love between Charlotte and the Duke, and to see them begin their life together as husband and wife."We're getting married!" Charlotte exclaimed to the Duke one day, as they sat together in the garden."Yes, my love," he replied, taking her hand in his. "And I couldn't be happier about it.""I love you so much," she said, leaning in for a kiss."I love you too, Charlotte," he said, holding her close. "And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life making you happy."